Hefield Signiture EMG's

Updated
Hefield Signiture EMG's
Anyone tried the new het EMG's? Interested in knowing if the claim to get active power of 81 and 60 with the clarity of a passive is achieved.
shathe

here they are on a kinda blacked out FX...
i think they have a pretty distinctive sound.
def diff compared to the 81/60, but those are on a kh2-se, so some difference there as well...

shathe

i had probs with the bridge PUP, but it was only because the new switch i put in wasn't making good contact... six hours of troubleshooting later :\ and the problem was fixed... derp.

shathe

EMG is pretty retarded for giving you chrome PUP screws though when 99.999999% of people are going to be putting them into BLACK PUP rings and want black screws..

and in response to a previous post regarding easy scratchiness... i guess they have "redone" them and "solved" the problem. at least that's what their tech told me. the newer ones (inc. mine) don't even have plastic protective film on them... seems ok though. no scratches for me.

Wrathofkala

These pick ups sound like the X-series just with Hatfields name on them. I am just going by the way they are advertised. The verbage is the same. They look better thou....sweet design:)

deus ex machina

^Nope.

The X series' "pickup section", meaning the actual pickup design before the preamp, is the exact same as the standard non-X EMG's. The JH's design here is different. Poles instead of blades is the most obvious difference.

I am not sure if the JH set shares the same preamp section as the X's or the standard EMG's, but I do know that the X series EMG's are actually a tad lower output than their standard non-X counterparts, while the JH set is actually hotter than the standard 81/60 combo.

Digiadaamore

has anyone got these in more tried these in more than one guitar yet? im interested in how different they sound in different guitars. how much of the guitar do you hear in the tone

barryswanson

has anyone got these in more tried these in more than one guitar yet? im interested in how different they sound in different guitars. how much of the guitar do you hear in the tone

I'll let you know, I'm about to put these in a Jackson Kelly I've had for 15 years in a couple of days. I'll post some pics too. It's had a paint job and new gotoh hardware

load more replies (1 of 1)
apax07

I Have JH set in one of my guitars and I am wanting to switch the pickups into my newer guitar that has regular EMG's. Can I just switch them without messing with the wiring or whatever? I thought I heard from somewhere that is one cool thing about EMG's that you can switch them around real easy and what not...

Geetarguy70

I Have JH set in one of my guitars and I am wanting to switch the pickups into my newer guitar that has regular EMG's. Can I just switch them without messing with the wiring or whatever? I thought I heard from somewhere that is one cool thing about EMG's that you can switch them around real easy and what not...

Mine just plugged into the existing EMG wiring dude so should be easy as that

apax07

Yea I just put them into my guitar and they fit right in with the existing wiring. Only difference is that the toggle switch switched on me for some reason....Instead of down being distortion its clean, and vice versa......

Geetarguy70

Yea I just put them into my guitar and they fit right in with the existing wiring. Only difference is that the toggle switch switched on me for some reason....Instead of down being distortion its clean, and vice versa......

Loosen the screw beneath the toggle and spin it. That happens to me just from playing live. Over time the thing starts to move from abuse lol The part that mounts it to the guitar just loosen it and turn it to how you want it and it will be fine

Post to Thread