Hefield Signiture EMG's

Updated
Hefield Signiture EMG's
Anyone tried the new het EMG's? Interested in knowing if the claim to get active power of 81 and 60 with the clarity of a passive is achieved.
actionshark

Yeah, they seem to have more chug which is what you want from a James pickup set.

Velt017

The sound of that viper is 100% better IMO.

deus ex machina

I think the Viper sounds kinda small and boxy compared to the snakebyte.

zombieattack9

Piney has a set of these for me on order. I'm putting them in my 1972 les paul custom :)

Newfs

Sweet. Im sure they are going to sound awesome!

Im waiting for my 3rd (replacement) set to come in. First had paint issues, second paint was good but bridge was muddy and had no definition, im hoping 3rd times a charm!

Saiko

Sweet. Im sure they are going to sound awesome!

Im waiting for my 3rd (replacement) set to come in. First had paint issues, second paint was good but bridge was muddy and had no definition, im hoping 3rd times a charm!

Was going to order a set of these, now I think I will hold off until the kinks get worked out.

Newfs

Dont sweat it. EMG support is awesome. Not once have they given me a hard time.

Breadfan32

Hey guys I put a set in my grey ltd truckster. Looks awesome. Sound is different then the 81/60 for sure but they sound great!

Newfs

I just received my 3rd replacement set and they are perfect. The paint is durable and they sound :x+:evil

Stephanie @ EMG was awesome. She was telling me that they didnt expect the pickups to do so well, they completely sold out of their first batch and just finished their second batch, which she shipped directly to me!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Vazman2

To me they seem to sound much cleaner.

Dark Alone

The "clarity" is definitely that increased high end they were talking about. Brighter for sure. Not sure if it's really striking enough to make me wanna switch out any of my 81/60s. But if they came in chrome, I might give them a shot in something. But alas, black nickel-anny.

deus ex machina

Yup... Brighter (hence "cleaner/clearer") for sure. I believe the "increased dynamics part" the dude from the video mentions is just the fact that they're bassy-er and hotter as well. That would make the mic pre peak more for sure "when he really digs in".

I really like the tone myself, but I agree with Drew. The fact that they only make them in black nickel kinda makes them hard to fit into most guitars without them looking as stupid as those Dave Mustaine Deans with the mismatched hardware.

Dark Alone

Yup... Brighter (hence "cleaner/clearer") for sure. I believe the "increased dynamics part" the dude from the video mentions is just the fact that they're bassy-er and hotter as well. That would make the mic pre peak more for sure "when he really digs in".

I really like the tone myself, but I agree with Drew. The fact that they only make them in black nickel kinda makes them hard to fit into most guitars without them looking as stupid as those Dave Mustaine Deans with the mismatched hardware.

Maybe... they would look ok in a blacked-out guitar, hardware and rings.

nabeel

Installed these yesterday, I want to replace all my EMGs with them. They sound so much clearer. They're more sensitive attack, but helps you clean up your mistake and not hide behind what I hear as "mushiness" from the 60/80 set

But that might be because the output seemed less? Not sure if there's something wrong with the pups, but I had to turn up the distortion a bit. I think that's probably just me and my install, though

Geetarguy70

Just got some for Christmas and looks like they just quick connect to my existing 81/60 so gonna pop em in!

ESP 348

Just got some for Christmas and looks like they just quick connect to my existing 81/60 so gonna pop em in!

Very good, be sure to let us know how they sound man. :)

Merry Xmas and enjoy. :)

mihnea

damn, I need to try these on one of my KHs or on my newly acquired white MX250 :)

Geetarguy70

damn, I need to try these on one of my KHs or on my newly acquired white MX250 :)

I like em man and since they just quick connect to the existing wiring you could take em out quick if you didn't like them. Congrats on the new MX!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Desnar

They look absolutely sick. Throw up a clip if you get a chance. We'd love to hear those puppies.

Geetarguy70

I also just played it standing up with strap and the new pick ups added some weight. The guitar is a bit heavier at least enough to be noticeable.

Post to Thread