Locking Tuners for Standard EX

Updated
Josh J.
Hello Everyone, I have an ESP EX on the way, and notice it has Gotoh tuners, non-locking. That's not going to cut it, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any drop-in locking tuners that fit without modification on this model. Thanks, Josh
schantinger

Planet Waves would be a direct replacement because of the straight mounting lashes; and they're pretty decent machine heads, cool string-cut feature and 18:1 ratio for precise tuning

Kannon

Hello Everyone,

I have an ESP EX on the way, and notice it has Gotoh tuners, non-locking. That's not going to cut it, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any drop-in locking tuners that fit without modification on this model.

Thanks,
Josh

Gotoh makes locking versions of practically all their tuners.

Josh J.

Schantinger, the Planet Waves will fit, I'm a bit leary on the string cutting properties of them.

Kannon, the only locking tuners from Gotoh that will fit without modification are the Magnums, and those look like a pain in the arse.

Grover roto's will fit, but they are flat black instead of black nickel. Once the guitar arrives I'll see if I can get by with the flat black tuners if it's not a distraction against the black nickel.

Thanks for the help!

Josh

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

Black nickel sucks... If you are buying tuners buy a bridge and knobs as well. You'll be much happier in the end. Particularly if its a white guitar.

Post to Thread