Distortion Pedals

Updated
RCfeedsBIRDS
I'm using a Boss ME-20. i was just curious to see what everyone else is using
ozzuk1

I used a keeley MT-2 with a clean fender clone worked pretty well but imo it's not as good as the drive from an amp, even if it's using an od pedal to push the preamps...

I did see a comparison vid on some distortion boxes a while back most of them sounded like fizzy mud...

slovakzombiehero

I used to use a Vox Satchurator, but I sold that and bought a Fulltone Bass Drive 2 to use as a clean boost.

DragonMF

I'm using DOD FX59 Thrash Master. Old one :cool:

Murdoc

I have a multi-effects Boss ME-50, it's pretty good.

Velt017

GT-OD pushing a mesa dual rec

I do do dig the BOSS DS-1 though just for its super classicness.

Iron Dog

Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem and a Digitech Black 13 (Scott Ian signature) for different sounds, I wanted Twin Tube Mayhem for high gain tube distortion.

Justinschut

I prefer some good amp distortion, but if I gotta use a pedal I use my Line6 Uber Metal (with built in noise gate)

gorsch

+ 1 for preferring the "amp distortion" .......actually prefer Power tube breakup (Amp distortion also includes solid state amps).

But I'm gassing for a Suhr Riot. Most realistic Distortion pedal I've played. Tone wise and dynamic's wise. A DS-1 can do the trick tho. I've got a Scott Ian "Bad Dog" which is basically a DS-1 (tone wise, not sure if it is for real) but also has a "boost" switch too. I prefer the "boost" off tho.

Murdoc

My solid state's distortion has a lot of buzz in it. I'm not sure if it is a poor ground at the outlet, or if it is in the s.s.'s transformer, but that is another reason that I use the Boss ME-50 for my distortion, it has a noise gate on it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
dissonance

When I had my Crate Taxi I was using a DOD Death Metal, then I got a Boss GT-3. Now I don't have any pedals and just use the distortion on my VH-140c.

OutlawTorn

i dont use a distortion pedal, i use my roland's Mesa single rectifier model or the 5150 model that they have in the lead channel.

Michael W.

I use a TS808 to boost my rectoverb's lead channel.

Thrash

I use a Maxon OD808. Drive on zero, level 10 :)
No matter how much gain the amp have, just cant live without the cleanboost anymore :(

GASing for a Keeley Metalzone though.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

Am I the only one here who used/uses an Uber Metal ? I guess most of you got good (tube) amps, but if you gotta play on a crappy amp or something, it's a pretty good pedal

cecilbag

Am I the only one here who used/uses an Uber Metal ? I guess most of you got good (tube) amps, but if you gotta play on a crappy amp or something, it's a pretty good pedal

I have the m13 and I believe the insane on there is from the uber pedal. I love it for practice at home but haven't done enough with it to get good tone at live volumes. Love it through a bandit or even a tiny terror though

Justinschut

for bandpractice or jamsessions it's not that bad, for serious stuff I of course also prefer a good tube amp

SGCustom

Depending on the situation, I use a Big Muff and am borrowing a Fulltone OCD until I can get one for myself.

Zilla

Boss HM-2

garyjfoster

Boss HM-2

This

LithelShrimper

Lovepedal Eternity Burst for main sound (on pretty much all the time)
Big Muff for the ripping peoples faces off
TS-9 for clean boost (Want to replace this with a MXR Micro Amp)

I also want a Boss DS-2 for some lead shit.

Post to Thread