Strings for E/D tuning

Updated
DragonMF
I own LTD f-50 guitar with standard strings, but i'm going to change them. What strings would you recommend for E/D(1 step down) tuning? Thanks for any advice.
Gfunk

I would use whatever Devin Townsend uses.

Spoonylove

I would use whatever Devin Townsend uses.
:rollin:rollin

DragonMF

Tell me what strings he's using :)
P.s. Never heard him before. Watched few of his videos on YouTube. Good stuff.
:D

Sutekh

Use what feels best? Try 10-52 I use em for everything from E to C# comfortably

ozzuk1

Either 10-52's or 11-50's I personally use 12-52's on a 25.5 scale, however using thicker strings will require a setup so i'd try and locate a Decent tech guy who can file the nut for the new strings, and tweak the neck and frets etc...

you may get away with not needing any adjustments with the 10-52's, but the high strings mgiht be too light for you...

DragonMF

so, they are crappy quality? or u've got a bad pack?
what strings u're using now, and what tuning?
i have also a question: what strings are better (quality): nickel or steel?

dimebagfan01

Strings are a matter of preference. Try a few different brands and see which works for you. For me, I have nickel allergies, so I can't use any nickel strings. I use Elixr strings .11 guage for any tuning. My personal favorites though are the Ernie Ball .11s (power slinkys I think).

As for are EB's bad quality, again it depends on the user. I can't stand D'addario strings as they snap within 5 minutes of me touching them, so I always have them switched. Some people say the same thing about EB, GHS, DR, and other strings. Just find what works best and stick with it.

And the nickel V. steel strings, I have to use Stainless Steels, and I must say...they last a lot longer, play better, sound better, and feel better.

Sutekh

A pack of strings is less than 10 dollars so why don't ya try EBs or something, next time you decide to change strings try a different brand and see which you like better. Also, ^ D'addarios also snap for me quite quickly

Velt017

10-46 on a 25.5 scale maybe thicker on 24.75.

deus ex machina

I use the EXL120-7 7-string set for Drop C and D standard. I only use the lower six strings from the set. (11-54)

My guitar has a 25.1" scale.

slovakzombiehero

I use the EXL120-7 7-string set for Drop C and D standard. I only use the lower six strings from the set. (11-54)

My guitar has a 25.1" scale.

I just did something similar today with my Fuck'dster. I got a Power Slinky 7 string set and used the bottom 6. 14-58 for B standard. :lol Sounds MASSIVE though.

load more replies (1 of 1)
DragonMF

Hmm.. thank ya all guys. I'll try different strings in near future.
But the first one will be EB 10-52 :p.
Thanks for help :)

DragonMF

Huh, finally installed EB Coated Titanium 11-48. Good strings. Thanks! :cool:

Post to Thread