The Crate Thread

Updated
The Crate Thread
I want to start this thread off by saying that I have always used Crate and I don't care what anyone says about these amps. They are made in the U.S.A. and built very tough. Post your Crate pics and lets see some American made tanks.
LithelShrimper

I use crates for getting my PA cabs off the ground. Very useful.

gorsch

I use crates for getting my PA cabs off the ground. Very useful.

we used to use Crate Amps for getting our real amps off the ground lol. Seriously tho. This was way back and my guitarist had one of the small marshall 4x12's like the "MG" series. It didnt project so we thru it on top of a Crate subwoofer we never used. Problem solved.

Bassist only had a 4x10 and needed more projection, the shitty Crate 2x10 he had collecting dust fixed that issue too.

Many uses for those amps.

load more replies (1 of 1)
blistered earth

^ jesus fucking christ
i own an old gx120 and run it thru a b52 4x12

tungusgrump

i feel bad for the road crew that has to move that

slovakzombiehero

i feel bad for the guy with a fork lift driving that ridiculous thing out the service exit

Fixed.

RCfeedsBIRDS

i feel bad for the road crew that has to move that

+1

MrMcSick

I have a blue doo doo 4x12 with the vintage 30's. Sounds fine to me. Its made out of birch, has 14 guage speaker wire and English made vintage 30's stock. Got it for the super high price of $200 haha. They were actually like $6-700 new though. Made in the USA too.

I used to have a stealth 50 watt head with the matching celestion g12s-50 4x12. Sounded great to me. Didn't have as much gain as the usual stuff but I run my gain at like 5-6 anyways. It was modded though so who knows what they did to make it sound like that. I was to young to care. It had the 2 stock 6v6's on the outside with 2 6l6's running on the inside and who knows what else.

Everyone raves about the ampeg vh140s but crate had the same thing in the gx130c. The stealth was also the sibling to the coveted ampeg VL series by lee jackson.

I think around mid 2000's everything started being imported that crate sold.

late 80's early 90's Crate and Ampegs were built in the same factory by SLM in St. Louis.

Spoonylove

I had a BV120H for a while. Sounded good enough for what I needed. Sold it for more than I paid for it, too,

LordCliffton

I owned a Crate G600 half stack for years & years, too long really. Never had a problem with that old Crate. Then I bought my 5150 full stack at a stupid awesome price & sold the Crate to a good friend who's super happy with it. I don't really miss that amp but I do miss having reverb. :(

cklapka

mine

Post to Thread