Power Amp Recommendations

Updated
Power Amp Recommendations
Good day all, I'm looking at using my rack set up for jamming and am looking for a power amp. My rack is pretty simple, it's a 4 space unit with a BBE Sonic Maximizer going into a Rocktron Voodu Valve. I was looking at the Carvin TS100 which is 50 watt stereo, 2 rack space, and all tube. But is rather expensive on the shipping up to Canada. After looking through the rig thread and seeing EvolutionVII and BLS, recent posts, another alternative is the Rocktron Velocity 300, which is solid state, but smaller and cheaper. Easier to get up in Canada too. Any opinions and/or experience with either of these units. Anything else you would recommend? I've looked on the local CL and nothing. Ebay has an old Mesa 50/50 and an old Peavey 60/60, but I'm leery of buying of Ebay, especially something tube, I'd hate to buy and find it needs re-tubing. Thanks
muziqman

I'm an Eleven Rack user and I have seen many on the Avid DUC forum use the Velocity 300 with good results as far as I know. 11r -> Velocity 300 -> 4x12 cab. I have no personal experience with it, just heard good things.

Iron Dog

Thanks for the response, I've heard some good things about it too. I figure it would go well with the Voodu Valve since they're both Rocktron.

Does anyone know how solid state watts stack up to tube watts. I think tube is supposed to be louder. Would 300 watts of solid state be roughly as loud as 100 watts of tube power?

Post to Thread