NAD Triple Rectifier

Updated
NAD Triple Rectifier
Just got this baby yesterday. It rocks! Just great heavy tones and the cleans aren't bad at all. Still need to get a cab for it though. I'm currently using the Speakers from my line 6. They'll suffice for now.
jalmetalman

Congrats!!!

deus ex machina

Bad-fucking-ass! Congrats!

Iron Dog

Very nice amp, congrats.

Vazman2

Thanks all!

Vazman2

Now how do I make my amp sound tighter?

deus ex machina

Now how do I make my amp sound tighter?
Tubescreamer-type boost?

load more replies (3 of 3)
Constituo

Grow some balls.

Vazman2

I have a Ts-7. Doesn't really do much.

Velt017

Playing through a better cab will help.

Vazman2

Playing through a better cab will help.

True. I'll be going the local shop to see if they'll give some decent credit for my line 6 to put towards a 2x12 cab.

load more replies (1 of 1)
gorsch

congrats

but

IMO the triple rec is one of the "flabbyest" amps made as far as "tightness" goes lol. Like rubber band style low end. It sounds good dont get me wrong. Their thick and meaty ....with lose low end.

am I the only one that thinks that?

Vazman2

congrats

but

IMO the triple rec is one of the "flabbyest" amps made as far as "tightness" goes lol. Like rubber band style low end. It sounds good dont get me wrong. Their thick and meaty ....with lose low end.

am I the only one that thinks that?

I'm kinda noticing that too, but once I have a better cab I'm sure it'll sound a lot better.

Velt017

Eh, they don't have to be cranked to retarded levels to get good tones, but pulling the gain back will really help clean up the bottom end. I promise you, it does not need to be past 1 o'clock. If you need more sustain, get a nice overdrive and boost it. The TS-9 isn't my favorite on mesa boogie amps. Check Ebay for an MXR GT-OD. Doesn't color your tone at all and can add a little bit of sustain and gain allowing you to pull the gain back on the rectifier and clean up the low end a little.

A chorus pedal will clean up the low end even more, but then you also have a chorus sound in there.

Grindting

Eh, they don't have to be cranked to retarded levels to get good tones

if by 'they', you mean triple recto's

then they do need to be cranked (to what i consider retarded levels, because i live in an apartment), to get the power section warmed up and driving those power tubes.

150w is a LOT of headroom, especially on a mesa.

Vazman2

I definitely appreciate all the advice and will take all into consideration. Thanks.

Vazman2

Now will using a boost/overdrive pedal add a lot of feedback?

Gfunk

:rollin

Velt017

Define "alot"

It will add enough that a good noise suppressor should also be on your list of things you need to buy. ISP decimator is reccommended, but expensive. The BOSS one is OK and can generally be found cheap, same thing with the MXR one.

Vazman2

I tried the Boss overdrive and it sounded pretty good but yes there was some feedback. Not a ton but enough. And should a suppressor (or the overdrive) be put through the FX loop? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with FX loops and not used to using pedals.

And I have amp turned up enough to her a pretty good sound. I can't go much louder than what its at now.

Velt017

I tried the Boss overdrive and it sounded pretty good but yes there was some feedback. Not a ton but enough. And should a suppressor (or the overdrive) be put through the FX loop? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with FX loops and not used to using pedals.

And I have amp turned up enough to her a pretty good sound. I can't go much louder than what its at now.

Both should be run up front. If the amp is noisy you can run the suppressor in the loop to quiet it down, but if its pretty quiet on its own, you are going to be better off with the suppressor up front.

Vazman2

It will def be getting louder when I jam with my bro.
And once I have a real cab I'm sure i'll be happy with it.

Grindting

^you will be

enjoy it

Post to Thread