Recording question

Updated
Axel666
So I just bought the Stomp Io from IK multimedia. My question is now, how can I record directly what I'm playing? I use Sonar 8 Producer edition as recording software. I know you can open a new track, play clean and ad the amplitube software as an effect (vstplugin) But the problem is, I plug the Stomp Io directly into my notebook. How can I record directly what I'm playing? So I have my sounds in amplitube and record that, instead of using amplitube as a vstplugin? Any help is welcome!!
onemilelost

Doesn't Sonar have a way to monitor the signal with all of the VST effects applied to it? Otherwise I would assume you would have to use the pedal's output and go directly to an audio input on your notebook.

On a side note:
What sold you on the StompIO? Seems like a lot of $ for a non-standalone pedal.

Axel666

Doesn't Sonar have a way to monitor the signal with all of the VST effects applied to it? Otherwise I would assume you would have to use the pedal's output and go directly to an audio input on your notebook.

On a side note:
What sold you on the StompIO? Seems like a lot of $ for a non-standalone pedal.

I bought it secondhand for 250$, so it was quite cheap. I'm going to give it a try to figure out what you said about monitoring the signal with the vst effects. Thx!

Edit: Sonar is opening a new unknown world to me, I can't seem to find how to do it. For the audio input on my notebook... I only have two inputs; one for headphone and one for mic. I'm a total geek when it comes to that stuff; do I just have to connect the output on the pedal with the input for the mic on my notebook? I'm recording via usb, so there's no other interface bewteen the Stomp IO and my notebook, maybe that makes a difference idk.

nwright

I would imagine the stomp pedal USB thingie would be your interface, so you should be using the headphone or mic inputs on your soundcard at all. You should be able to select your ASIO driver, and the one you should select would be the one that controls the pedal deal/USB.

nwright

Just checked it out online. Yeah, the big board is your interface. You can see all the hookups on the back of the unit. Once you select the stomp as your interface, it becomes your soundcard, so to hear the audio from Sonar, you need to be monitoring through the outputs of the Stomp interface.

I would imagine you would also have to set your I/O designations in Sonar once the stomp is selected as your audio device in your ASIO settings. Sometimes DAW's will do this automatically, but would still more than likely need to set up the routing to correspond correctly with the DAW's labeling.

Post to Thread