Amp recommendation

Updated
Durethia
Peavey Bandits, used to be awesome little travel/jam amps. But they don't seem to be much available these days. I'm also not sure of going solid state since so many new products are now available with tubes. Anyone have any recommendations for small jamming amps like the Peavey Bandits? I'm mostly concerned with the distortion effects. I would like a 1x12 or 1x10 with heavy distortion, preferably tubed. Kinda like early Pantera heavy, tight, very sensitive but with added warmth of tubes I think would be wicked. I've played with some new Line 6 amps, some of the presets produce some nice distortion; so I'm leaning towards Line 6. I've played with some new Vox but the distortion presets I tinkered with seems to be too 'chunky'. One problem with the line6, expensive and doesn't seem to have many single speaker offerings for travel/jam session amps. I usually play purely through processors (SGX 2000 Express, BOSS GT-8/3 etc) and MOTU audio interfaces. I kinda need a little amp to carry around when jamming with other peeps. Oh, price range.... maybe up to 400 bucks but would prefer around 300.
Neurot1ka

Blackstar HT-5 combo. Kinda pushing the budget though if you only want to buy new

Riverrunsred

Peavey Vypyr ?

Durethia

I didn't get one, but I had my friend get a Fender Super Champ XD. It has two tubes, and sounds great. He was originally going after a Line 6, till I directed him to the Fender.

rumblebox

peavey vypyrs are the shit. i have 2 of them and love them. best solid state amp ever... although there is a tube version. inexpensive too.

jsp

+1 on the Blackstar. Awesome low volume, high gain tones.

Zilla

Marshall Super Lead Plexi 100 Watt through 2 4x12s with EV12L speakers.

You're Welcome.

jsp

Marshall Super Lead Plexi 100 Watt through 2 4x12s with EV12L speakers.

Dimed.

deus ex machina

I've got a Peavey Vypyr 30 myself. It's alright. I can think of a lot of better-sounding amps, tho, solid state or tube.

Shadow89

For small decent sounding amps, Roland Cube, I use to play these every day for 2 years at music college.

Absolute amazing for the size and price.

Desnar

Fuckers, I got my Cube 30 for that price -___-

It's a good amp and has good sounding settings (which is a compliment coming from me). I also had an old Marshall MG-30 which was good sounding but was old when I got it and was replaced by my Cube.

Post to Thread