Help finding a power amp

Updated
Neurot1ka
Hey guys. Looking to buy a 50 watt power amp for under $700. I have no experience with power amps so i don't know where to start looking. I'm thinking EL34's but im open to other suggestions since i haven't heard an amp A/B'd with different power amp tubes. I'm just going with what everyone says they sound like :lol Dunno how much this helps but the pre amp im using is an ENGL e530 and cab is currently the valveking 2x12; though im hoping to get a mesa 2x12 loaded with eminence governor's in the future. Thanks
Iron Dog

I was looking into getting a power amp also for my rack unit and a guy at a local music store suggested Carvin. They make a stereo 50 watt for $550 US. I don't how much it would be shipped to Canada, but it's worth a look. The Carvin will run El34's or 6L6's. I checked for a Mesa Boogie here on Vancouver Island and a Stereo 50, goes for $799 at one store, I haven't checked Marshall. Have you checked out Steve's Music in Montreal? When I lived in Ottawa I spent a lot of time and money at the Ottawa store and found the staff to be excellent as was their selection. Check out the used music stores to see what they have to offer.

Neurot1ka

Probably going to buy a used mesa 2:50. Thanks guys

Post to Thread