What amplifiers are appropriate for a 5 string bass?

Updated
Troll_ov_Grimness
I heard that the low b string on a 5 string bass is too much for the smaller practice/bedroom amplifiers. I only need a combo amplifier for a room not at all for playing live nor in a studio just for myself. I was going to choose a Peavey amp I heard they're a good make and seem to have the best value. They range something like, Peavey MAX126 6.5" Bass Combo Amplifier - MAX126 / $87.99 Peavey MAX158 8" Bass Combo Amplifier - MAX158 / $109.99 Peavey MAX110 10" Bass Combo Amplifier - MAX110 / $169.99 The 10" is as much as I am willing to spend but was wondering if I could get away with the 8" . If I need even more than 10" thats fine I'll pay for what I need. Just not for what I dont! Would be buying through here.. Some of these amps have more detailed specs than others it seems Even the low B I might tune it even lower than that, because I can. Sunn O))) is a cool sound to me. and I like Type O Negative and funeral doom bands. A 4 string bass isn't even low enough. Not enough bass for my bass. So i need a bass amp that can really do the low stuff Bass guitar I was going to get is the ESP D-5 unless they come out with some newer one sometime next year
Post to Thread