eighties rock plus good clean needed

Updated
cecilbag
Im looking for any suggestions on getting a good eighties rock rythm and lead tone but i need a good clean on top also our other guitarist plays an original 5150 and a 5150II as backup or slave ive been using a line6 spider valve 212 combo and have the head as a backup but want to try something better ive got a krankenstein+ head and a mesa dc5 combo but i want to try something new i love the mesa so im leaning that way but playing bars i want something as reliable but need a cheaper way I was leaning towards a carvin v3 i play an m1 custom with emg85 and a 48th street mirage deluxe with an 85 also i have an original horizon and an mII with trembucker thanks
imprinted

That's possibly the longest sentence I've ever read.

ozzuk1

Stilletto Heard one live with a band that were very much 80's style hard rock very hairmetally tone..

The Valveking can do 80's quite well either using the gain boost on the od channel and very little gain or an od pedal without the onboard boost/mode switched in, add some chorus or flanger and it's 80's galore...

Or maybe look into a marshall jvm and boosting one of the od channels with a tubescreamer or GT-OD...

load more replies (1 of 1)
jet66

Krank Chadwick II. Awesome clean, dirty channel does 80's pretty easily, and it loves pedals. Usually can be had cheap, in the $550-$700 range.

Post to Thread