Gain Boost pedals

Updated
Nagash
I currently own a EHX Metal Muff which is a metal distortion pedal and a booster. I'm thinking of replacing it, I thought of the T-Rex Bloody Mary or so, but whatever pedal I take, I'll lose the boost function. So I've been looking around for boost pedals, and I'm kind of losing it between clean boosts, treble boosts, low-end boosts, gain boosts etc, especially since they never write exactly what type of boost a particular pedal is. So here's my request : I want a GAIN boost for my lead playing, which pedals come to your mind ? Since I'm getting more and more into T-Rex gear, would the T-Rex Gristle Luxury Drive do the job ?
Nagash

So you just put in an overdrive pedal, okay but doesn't this change the sound quite a lot ? I'd like to keep the same sound, only with a temporary boost

OutlawTorn

i was going to say a Zakk Wylde overdrive, i used to own one, by itself on a clean channel it sounds meh, but if your boosting a dirty channel, it makes it scream!

idpmofo

anyone know anything about EMG Afterburners?

OutlawTorn

doesn't Kerry King use them?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

The Afterburner does beef up the low end too, but that's mostly due to the additional gain, and it can add noise too depending on the rig.

For clean boost, I think the BBE Boosta Grande is among the top of the line, mainly because it is fairly transparent.

deftones

super hard on

Post to Thread