Good OD pedal for Mesa Mark IV?

Updated
tonyjh3
I'm probably going to pick up a Fulltone OCD, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'm mainly going to use it as a boost for the R2 channel and for some crunch with the clean channel. Main guitars will be ESP's with EMG's. Something that isn't too noisy would be nice as the Mark IV is a bit noisy on its own. I've had the Mark IV for a couple years and never really tried it with an OD. Figured I'd give it a shot.
IceSlicer

MXR GT-OD is low noise and very good quality.

Nagash

I'll second that, the MXR is killer, simple, true bypass, AND it's green

Velt017

MXR GT-OD is tits, I have one and its unbefuckingleaveable good.

Fulltone OCD is cool too though, but I sort of prefer it as an overdrive sound more than a boost.

tonyjh3

Nobody local had the GT-OD in stock so I snagged an OCD. The MXR will have to wait till next time I've got pedal money. So far I'm diggin the OCD. I like it with the clean channel for an alternate overdrive sound, and it seems to work pretty well with the R2 channel. Not sure if it will work so well with the lead channel. It sounds good at lower volumes but it seems like it would be too much at gigging levels. I think the MXR would work well with the lead channel as a solo boost of sorts. That will be the next experiment;). Thanks for the input!:cool:

load more replies (1 of 1)
floydian

Maxon 808 anyway!

Post to Thread