good metal amp

Updated
distortionman
i am planing on getting a new head and i am liking the peavey 6505+ and the randall v2 archetype. but i just cant choose between them can anybody help me with it?
Grindting

you obviously have ulimited money hence why you didn't state your budget

get a diezel herbert.

distortionman

you obviously have ulimited money hence why you didn't state your budget

get a diezel herbert.

the problem is that i dont want to spend that much i will only go so high as the peavey

axlpxl

check out the new peavey 3120, sounds cool

MasterOfPuppies

i got a diezel herbert and unfortunately i have to sell it..
i hope to get another soon. i was thinking to get mesa mark V but i'm not 100% sure of its heavy distortion...
i mainly play metallica...
is it capable to get that kind of heaviness?
form videos on you tube i'm not that sure of it
thanx!

Velt017

i got a diezel herbert and unfortunately i have to sell it..
i hope to get another soon. i was thinking to get mesa mark V but i'm not 100% sure of its heavy distortion...
i mainly play metallica...
is it capable to get that kind of heaviness?
form videos on you tube i'm not that sure of it
thanx!

Metallica used the Mark series heads live during the justice years I believe... so yeah.

Dual rec is cheaper and IMO the heavyness is just as good. THe mark V is better overall though. Lamb of God uses the Mark V, so yes, it can definitely get really heavy.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metlupass2

Buy a 6505+. I got mine locally for $425! Theres deals to be had out there. Don't spent 1200 on a new one whatever you do.

AndyPathosis

There are so many amps out there that are good for metal, out of the two that you've suggested I'd go for the Peavey.

But just go all out and get an Engl or a diezel

Velt017

i am planing on getting a new head and i am liking the peavey 6505+ and the randall v2 archetype. but i just cant choose between them
can anybody help me with it?

Don't get either of those.

6505s make you sound like everyone else and they have a crud clean channel. If you are going to go peavey, get a 3120, be different.

IMO when it comes to 6L6 tones you can't beat what Mesa does. You should be able to find a used Single or Dual rec for what a 6505 costs brand new... keep an eye out.

Randall stuff is meh. I can't say its awful, but I've had a few randalls die on me for no real reason.

Metlupass2

Peaveys are definately the best bang for the buck. I bought my 6505+ head for $425 a few months ago and I play it more than my Splawn QR.

Velt017

Peaveys are definately the best bang for the buck. I bought my 6505+ head for $425 a few months ago and I play it more than my Splawn QR.

How the fuck did you find one for $425? Most people want twice that for their used 6505+ head... did it work when you got it?

Axel666

I saw Jorn Lande yesterday and because my guitar teacher was the leading man behind the gig I could go backstage. The guitarplayers both used a Jet City JCA100H. Really good, crushing sound. It's also quite cheap, 1100 euros for a halfstack, thats like 1400$ and the sound just blew me away. Check that one out :)

Zilla

Fender Twin Reverb

blistered earth

if peavey is what you want
look on ebay and get an actuall 5150 (I/II) they generally sound better across both channels than a 6505 does
and the archetype is actually a really good amp but
the regular V2 is the same damn thing and less expensive

themisfit138

Any of the Mesa Mark series, from the IIC and after, will work.

Metlupass2

I blew the guy and he gave me a good deal.

Yeah it works perfectly. Its not unusual to see them go from 500-700 locally here.

Velt017

I'll have to remember that the next time I'm in the Chicago area. Shit at $500 I'd buy 3, sell 2 (quickly I might add) and keep the 3rd one and probably still make money on the deal.

Metlupass2

I dunno why their resale value isn't very high....shit they're $1199 new.

Velt017

I dunno why their resale value isn't very high....shit they're $1199 new.

And most motherfuckers around here want $800 for 'em

PrevailAus

6505+ is the shit! Love mine and boosted they sound even better.

Zilla

Peavey XXX or a Marshall 2203KK

Post to Thread