good metal amp

Updated
distortionman
i am planing on getting a new head and i am liking the peavey 6505+ and the randall v2 archetype. but i just cant choose between them can anybody help me with it?
Justinschut

I loved my ENGL Fireball, curious about the Fireball 100

rumblebox

i say XXX peavey. it's not fuzzy like all the other metal amps. it's tight and defined even with the gain all the way up.

rumblebox

i love lamb of god, but the mesa sound is just too fuzzy for my taste. to each his own.

Wizard of Ozz

6505+ gets my vote.

nick c.

framus cobra brotatoe!!!!, get the peavey 6505+

Projeka

Has anyone heard much about the Carvin V3 Micro? I heard it's 50 watts, but can be 22W/7W selectable, 3 Channels, Reverb, and weighs have as much as the V3. Looks pretty promising.

Deli

Someone mentioned the Peavey 3120 earlier. I couldn't agree more. They pack a mean punch and won't cost an arm and a leg. I got mine (almost brand new) locally from a guy off of Craigslist for $700 and I will say it's the best amp I've ever heard for metal. Dual Recs are way too pricy and every Marshall I've ever owned has been in for repair at least 4 times. I've had the 3120 for almost a year now, gigged constantly with it and never had an ounce of trouble. The trick is to get a good cab for it, as most of the Peavey cabs (outside the 6505 cab) don't do it justice. Recommend a straight Marshall 1960 w/Vintage 30s or an oversized Mesa cab.

BrienDeChristopher

When I was just hammering around in my house, I used a Crate Shockwave GT and it was the cruchiest metal amp I've ever had. Pretty much a one-trick pony... but it was cheap. Now I use three Marshall JCM2000 modded heads... all the crunch in the world and sustain for days.

But I have tracked with a 5150 (original) and very much enjoyed it's tone.

Cryptos

You can't go wrong with a 6505+ it can hold it's own with amps costing double.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

Wow, necro bump

Post to Thread