Vintage Hiwatt dr103 '69

Updated
Axel666
Hi guys, I have a Hiwatt DR103, built in 1969. I checked the serial, and it dates 1969. But now, Iw ould like to sell it, do you guys know what it's worth?
jet66

I don't know an exact figure, but if it's in really good shape it could fetch around $2k in the US. The gear market has been kind of flaky lately, though. If it's a really desirable model, it might be easy to get top dollar, but if it's not, you might not be able to even get a fair price for it.

You might get a better idea from a forum where people are more hip to the vintage market, like The Gear Page.

Axel666

Thx for the reply. I now have a bidding of 1200 euros, that's aprox. 1600 $
It's in a good shape, it's a DR103, serial number 651, so it's something you don't see every day, and some people are willing to give quite some $$$ to own one. But I'm not really in this stuff so idk what such things are worth. I'll go check the gear page then, thx!

jet66

If you are up at that price with bidding already, then that is probably a good sign that the market for them is still happening. People will always try to go for a steal when it's an auction, so figure you might reasonably get more if you were willing to hold out for the right buyer. But then again, that's kind of what I was saying about the market right now: A few months ago, you could practically flip any 'hot item' amp with little to no loss, but people seem to be a little hesitant to pay the big money right now except for a few really desirable pieces, like Cameron modded Marshalls.

Post to Thread