Little bit of a problem

Updated
dimebagfan01
Hey guys. So last night, my friend came over to jam and all was well until the very end. He got excited because he nailed a part in a song and then he thought he could touch my gear. He started flicking both switches (on/off and standby) repeatedly on my amp and now the thing won't even turn on. No light, no nothing. I don't know what the problem is, though some people on the GW forums said it was a blown fuse. I bought the amp used, so no warranty. And it's a Peavey VK100 head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jet66

1. Take amp to tech
2. Get it fixed, pay bill
3. Take receipt to friend
4. Demand payment

It may very likely be a fuse, but I have this unspoken agreement with my friends: If I do something stupid that fucks up your shit, I will make it right. And it's understood that the sentiment is reciprocal. If he's a real friend, he would have already suggested steps 1-4.

dimebagfan01

He did say that he'd pay me. I just wanted to see if it was something I could fix or not.

DeathIsMyJustice

1. Take amp to tech
2. Get it fixed, pay bill
3. Take receipt to friend
4. Demand payment

It may very likely be a fuse, but I have this unspoken agreement with my friends: If I do something stupid that fucks up your shit, I will make it right. And it's understood that the sentiment is reciprocal. If he's a real friend, he would have already suggested steps 1-4.

+1

Or you could be less civil and just stick the nut on him, you may end up paying for the repair but he won’t touch your stuff again in a hurry

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

He probably blew a power tube and in most Peaveys that will take a screen grid resistor with it and some internal fuses. Seriously though, who goes all retarded and starts flipping switches on someone's amp?

dimebagfan01

He probably blew a power tube and in most Peaveys that will take a screen grid resistor with it and some internal fuses. Seriously though, who goes all retarded and starts flipping switches on someone's amp?
How much do you think that'll cost me? I sent it to my tech today (well, not sent it...) and he said I'll have it in a week to a week and a half. I need an estimate for the moniez.

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

thats fucked up !

Pushead

Most techs have a $75 minimum fee. Replacing a few fuses will cost you a few bucks and about 5 minutes. I'd start there.

blistered earth

kill friend after payment (i would)

OutlawTorn

my first rule to gear: FRIENDS DO NOT TOUCH!

get him to pay for the repairs, and never ever let him use or touch your stuff again..

esp_gaijin

He started flicking both switches (on/off and standby) repeatedly on my amp explain this!

Velt017

explain this!

Yeah seriously... who goes full retard and starts flipping switches.

DeathIsMyJustice

Full retard :rollin

Post to Thread