Best cheapie cab for the $$$?

Updated
eetfuk14
Looking for opinions on the best "economy" cab for the dough. New/used it doesn't matter... Currently have a POS presswood Marshall that sounds like stuffed dog shit. Was looking at a Raven at GC yesterday, but I dunno. Should I just drop the coin on a couple of used Mesas? I def want something with V30s in it. I'll be running a 5150 and a XXX on 2 cabs.
Sixstringhotshot

Used Marshall 1960's are usually the best cheap cabs you can get. I wouldn't bother with companies you've never heard of, like this "Raven".

SGCustom

Used Marshall 1960's are usually the best cheap cabs you can get. I wouldn't bother with companies you've never heard of, like this "Raven".

/thread.

I got mine for 100 bucks and even prefer it to the Mesa 4x12's I've owned. The deals are out there.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

If you can find a crate "Shockwave" cab, they are pretty decent. However I agree with Sixstring... a used Marshall 1960 cab is going to be the most bang for your buck. They go for about $400

eetfuk14

I hadn't thought in that direction yet... The "B's" are supposed to be bad ass, no?

Sixstringhotshot

I hadn't thought in that direction yet... The "B's" are supposed to be bad ass, no?

A is slant and B is straight. You'll probably find more slant cabs on the used market, but either one can be had for 250-500 depending on condition. The Carvins mentioned aren't bad either. I remember they had 8 of those cabs in the store in hollywood that had some sort of invisible tolex defect and they were blowing them out for $100/ea with Vintage 30's and all.

Another depressing episode of shoulda, coulda, didn't.|I

Velt017

They're both pretty good.

eetfuk14

Yup, there's a few on the bay right now, gotta talk the local pick up guys into doing shipping tho. Sure if I offered to cover shipping and insurance they'd prolly do it

Dilzdo21

id say the best would be carvin with vintage 30's , the build quality is great and i got both of mine for under 300. Beats the price on a marshall and its the same sound

exhibit-sbt

id say the best would be carvin with vintage 30's , the build quality is great and i got both of mine for under 300. Beats the price on a marshall and its the same sound

bought a carvin legacy years back, 4x12 v-30's for 350$. never regretted it and still using it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Kannon

1960s are great cabs. I sold mine for $500 (it was mint). Sounded pretty decent with the G12T75s in it. I much prefer them to V30s.

OutlawTorn

Dolflundgren

How cheap is "cheap"

eetfuk14

poopfist, awesome! I'm definitely gonna look into the Carvin cabs, maybe (gonna get flamed for this!!) a Bugera, and replace the speakers with V30's... Just don't have a fist full of dough to spend on gear at the moment...

Post to Thread