impulse buy - dragonfire

Updated
brandono61cr
yup i did , i bought a dragonfire 85A about 5 minutes ago . :o it will be replacing a lh-300 in the neck and i already have a SDblackout in the bridge , so I'll see how it works !;) so it "should" come in on saturday , anyone have experince with 'em ?:lol
eetfuk14

No experience with them, but considering buying a set to try out. I'm guessing they wire just like old EMG's? I'm not great with a soldering gun... Keep us posted on how it sounds. I guess if it winds up being total shit its not that much of an investment...

brandono61cr

No experience with them, but considering buying a set to try out. I'm guessing they wire just like old EMG's? I'm not great with a soldering gun... Keep us posted on how it sounds. I guess if it winds up being total shit its not that much of an investment...

yeah thats what i was thinking .

im not all that impressed with the lh-300 , but i dont hate it ether . and if it is shit it's only 35$.

oh! it just shipped while i was typing this :rollin

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

well the afterburner is just a on-board preamp , so im guessing it should work .
yeah i looked for a lot of reviews online and they (for the most part) seem to be outstanding.

eetfuk14

They do seem to be pretty good reviews, I think I might try a set in my FX260 SM, I was working on an 81/81 combo for that, but for a little over $100 for the whole shebango I think they might be worth a shot.

Velt017

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a San Dimas build from them just for shits and giggles. Most reviews seem like the parts are pretty decent and its an ash body. I'll be interested to find out what you think of your pickup.

brandono61cr

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a San Dimas build from them just for shits and giggles. Most reviews seem like the parts are pretty decent and its an ash body. I'll be interested to find out what you think of your pickup.

lol

i actually found their pups because i was looking at that KV kit .:rollin

shipping said it should arrive on Friday .

eetfuk14

That San Dimas kit looks pretty cool, priced right too. Might be a fun beater guitar project.

brandono61cr

yo !

sorry for the late update !

AMAZING 100% worth the money !!!!!!!!

this MOFO is powerful , i actually had to raise the blackout i had in the bridge !

as for the tone i would not say it sounds EXACTLY like an 85 , it is a little brighter, less mellow not much but a little.

it sounds like a mix of (75%) 85 and (25%) 81 if you get my idea:lol

Dragonfire > EMG :) IMHO

i will be buying more stuff from them soon , i really want the KVFV kit !:cool:

eetfuk14

This is what I was waiting for! Awesome! Thanks for the update. How hard was the install? I'm shit with a soldering iron, but if it's cake I might try it myself...

brandono61cr

well this was my first time doing my own install and i had help , but it was not too bad .

there was plenty of lead , but what was weird was the neck pup cavity was routed too small (i know because the stock one was REALLY tight)

i will give you guys a better review later when i really get to know the pickup.

Post to Thread