I want a "real" amp.

Updated
TheWarbringer
So for the past few years, due to the fact I didn't really own a good guitar, I felt like I didn't need a good amp. So I've just been playing on this little 30 watt Kramer practice amp. However, recently I've upgrade both my guitar and my pedal and I feel like the next logical thing would be to buy a "real" amp. I am open to any and all suggestions.
blistered earth

whats your price range

LithelShrimper

Marshall.

esp_gaijin

well, you are the war bringer, so bring some war, and TAKE.... what is rightfully yours *raises goblet*.

or, ask your mom to drive you to guitarcenter in her minivan and see if she'll buy you something, that works too sometimes.

slovakzombiehero

well, you are the war bringer, so bring some war, and TAKE.... what is rightfully yours *raises goblet*.

or, ask your mom to drive you to guitarcenter in her minivan and see if she'll buy you something, that works too sometimes.

:lol

It's hard to give recommendations without knowing what gear you have now or what sound you're looking for, but I'm a huge Orange fanboy, so I'd say go Orange if you can afford it. They sound great and are pretty versatile.

blistered earth

if you have the funds for it id say mesa or orange

dawg

What do you play? Classic rock? Thrash? Marshall is good, so is Orange and Mesa-Boogie. Krank also makes some good stuff

load more replies (1 of 1)
blistered earth

i always tell people to stay away from krank unless they have a good noise gate

tollund

Splawn Pro Mod. Or anything else Splawn.

Velt017

i always tell people to stay away from krank unless they have a good noise gate

I've never found Kranks to be any noisier than any other high gain amp that didn't have a noise gate built in. Most people that play super high gain are generally going to need/get a noise gate anyway.

Peavey stuff is pretty good. the 3120, 6505, JSX and 6534 are all quality amp heads and are priced pretty well, Plus peavey made bajillions of them so finding one used is hardly a problem.

The Bugeras sound pretty good, but if you don't know how to take care of a tube amp, they have had some reliability issues that have apparently been cleared up, but less expensive parts will go bad quicker if you don't know how to take care of the amp.

DeathIsMyJustice

I can’t recommend Laney enough, I’ve owned several and loved them all

blistered earth

engl also makes great amps

jet66

Get a Dumble. Or a Trainwreck. Those are REAL amps.

RocknRolla

Diezel VH4S!

chrisolson

AxeFx...ever up you'll ever need...ever again.

Post to Thread