Metallica AJFA distortion sound

Updated
MasterOfPuppies
hello ppl :) i know there were used a combiation of mesa boogie preamps and amps - ada, ada mp1 preamp and so on but... wanting to get it now with a pedal which distortion pedal shoud you suggest to buy in order to nail the Ajfa album sound? it's so scooped and tight. do you guess the mxr fullbore can nail it? thanx!
Patchy

You wont get that sound with a pedal no matter how much you try.

If you really want that sound you get get pretty close with a mark IIC+, III or IV.

You'll need to add a V30 cabinet. Scoop the Graphic EQ. Record 4-6 takes with tight heavy technique.

You won't get the album sound through pedal nor playing the amp in a live environment.

I just hope you are not under the misconception that you can replicate a recorded tone through playing an amp live. A lot of people make this mistake and end are disappointed.

An example from my aspect is that I love the In Flames Clayman/Colony era tone.

That was recorded with 5150 and ENGL Cabinet that I also own. They also use EMG's which I have equipped in my guitar. Now even if I had the same technique as their guitarist the sound coming through my amp would not equal the sound on the recording of the amp.

To do that I would need to use the same mics and be able to mix the bass/drums like the engineer did and record the same amount of takes.

Sorry for the rant!

Curt Daddy

An example from my aspect is that I love the In Flames Clayman/Colony era tone.

Poid is the man /thread

MasterOfPuppies

thanx :)

i know it's kinda impossible. i'm not a novice about these things :P in fact i wrote it on the first lines of the post..

i'm searching for something similar... in a pedal

MasterOfPuppies

thanx

i've seen a lot of videos .. i think it's not bad at all

Justinschut

it sounds like ass in that movie.. I prefer my Line6 Uber Metal, also has a built in noise gate

Post to Thread