Laptop suggestions Please

Updated
xZYRYABx
so....I ended up frying the FireWire port on my Inspiron 700m by hotplugging my new M-Audio ProFire 610. I bought a PCMCIA Firewire adapter but it does not get recognised by the computer (anybody have any input on this?!). When I plug the PCMCIA adapter + ProFire into another laptop it gets recognised right away.... Anyways, I've been meaning on upgrading my system anyways, but I am so out of touch of the PC world these days. Can you guys suggest some good units for me? here are the minimum specs I need (Im keeping it braod...) NOT A MAC Atleast 1 GB RAM Atleast 80 GB HDD A maximum of 15" screen (12 would be preferable for mobility) A Firewire port with a TI (Texas Instruments) chip preferably with an S-video connection (but I know all the new ones come w/ DV or HDMI so that is fine) Not sure about the soundcard either. Keep in mind that I am using it as a DAW. if I can keep it under $1000 it would be ideal The biggest issue I seem to be having is finding a system with a Firewire port that uses the TI chip. Thanks in advance for all the help u yuppies!!! :p
Brono

so....I ended up frying the FireWire port on my Inspiron 700m by hotplugging my new M-Audio ProFire 610. I bought a PCMCIA Firewire adapter but it does not get recognised by the computer (anybody have any input on this?!). When I plug the PCMCIA adapter + ProFire into another laptop it gets recognised right away....

Anyways, I've been meaning on upgrading my system anyways, but I am so out of touch of the PC world these days.
Can you guys suggest some good units for me?
here are the minimum specs I need (Im keeping it braod...)

NOT A MAC
Atleast 1 GB RAM
Atleast 80 GB HDD
A maximum of 15" screen (12 would be preferable for mobility)
A Firewire port with a TI (Texas Instruments) chip
preferably with an S-video connection (but I know all the new ones come w/ DV or HDMI so that is fine)
Not sure about the soundcard either. Keep in mind that I am using it as a DAW.
if I can keep it under $1000 it would be ideal

The biggest issue I seem to be having is finding a system with a Firewire port that uses the TI chip.

Thanks in advance for all the help u yuppies!!!
:p
theres your problem.

xZYRYABx

theres your problem.

hehehe...yeh thats what ive been thinking....maybe ill get one and use wine or whateverit ws to run windows on it ....

hitiuga

lol anything but a Mac or dell.

I'd go with toshiba imo

frederick g.

Unlock your full potential with our latest NSE8_812 Exam Questions & Answers [2023], meticulously crafted to ensure your triumph in the fast-evolving world of networking. As technology advances, so does the need for skilled professionals who can tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow.

Stay ahead of the curve with our comprehensive exam preparation package, designed to empower you with in-depth knowledge and practical insights. Our experts have curated this exclusive collection of NSE8_812 exam questions answers to mirror the actual exam scenario, boosting your confidence and enhancing your performance.

What sets us apart? Real-world scenarios, detailed explanations, and regular updates ensure you stay on top of the latest trends and developments. With our NSE8_812 study material, success is not just a possibility; it's a certainty.

Seize this opportunity to shine bright in the realm of networking. Embrace success with the New Launch NSE8_812 Exam Questions & Answers [2023]. Get started on your journey today!

Post to Thread