18V mod

Updated
xZYRYABx
what can I say...just WOW! Atleast for the M-II...the difference is incredible! Sounds so much better in my opinion....like a blanket was lifted off of the speaker....much clearer tone Not so sure if its the best for the Eclipse-II though....I've been doing A/B tests for half an hour and I just cant make up my mind which I prefer!! The highs are definitely more brilliant with the mod, but in the rhythm position (im currently running dual 81s..yeh yeh i know!) I seem to prefer it unmoded, though with the mod if I play with the tone and darken the sound its compensates... anybody else running the mod on an eclipse-II? Let me know what uz think...
sirsloop

you should check out the 120V mod next...

Brono

you should check out the 120V mod next...

try 3 phase mod.

load more replies (1 of 1)
diadorastriker

im running it in an agile al2000 w/ 9v sounds tighter to me

sirsloop

well I guess the next best thing after 120 is 240..

Mark K.

well I guess the next best thing after 120 is 240..

no duder, the 3 phase one is way better..

sirsloop

three phase is when you install a L6-30 receptacle on the back of your guitar and hook up 208/240V AC to it, LOL!

Harvesterofsorrow1199

well i prefer it 9v...the 18v mod makes it sound too clean for my liking..i think i like the clipping lol

Powerglide350

Are those gravestones under those power lines?!

Justinschut

those are bales of hay covered in plastic

Powerglide350

ahhh now I see it....I wasnt looking at the whole picture.

RD12

I'm thinking about putting the EMG-X pickups in an M-II I have. Anyone know how they compare to the 18v mod?

xibalba

I'm thinking about putting the EMG-X pickups in an M-II I have. Anyone know how they compare to the 18v mod?

While it is not an EXACT comparison in my LTD EC-1000 i have the stock 81/60 w/ the 18v mod and in my ESP Eclipse SW II i have the 81x/85x combo and i must say that i prefer the 81x over the 18v mod but that is just me. It sounds tighter to me.

Post to Thread