3TM v.s. 3.666 mods

Updated
zerosk8r900
I run an ADA MP-1(noise modded) through a Peavey Classic 50/50 Poweramp into a Standard Recto Cab. I'm having trouble achieve death metal/high gain tone in a live setting without having the amp sound like crap. Both mods seem similar in which they are both high gain mods, but which mod would sound better overall with my gear and genre? Also, how much would each mod roughly cost?
Deadpulse

I've never heard the 3TM but I tried the 666 mod (cause it was cheaper and easier to do on my own) and the results weren't bad. I managed to dial in a lot more lower end body to it with the trim pots which I thought was the key thing that was missing from the stock MP1. give it a shot

Deadpulse

i work at an electronics shop so i grabbed a lot of stuff from work. it was a long time ago, but from what i remember i had to order a few parts from mouser and digikey. I'm pretty sure I used linear pots too. i don't think it'd make too much of a difference, just a little more finicky if you use log pots

Deadpulse

well, unless you have a schematic or know what the original values of the caps and resistors that you're taking out you probably wont have it back in stock form anytime soon.

but trust me, the 666 mod is way better for metal than the stock mp1

Deadpulse

+1

they break it down so anyone can do the mods themselves really. it's not difficult

Post to Thread