Rocktron v.s. Boss

Updated
zerosk8r900
I am currently using a Boss NS-2 directly through my guitar. With the signal cut-outs, and 9 volts getting eaten like crazy, I did dome looking around, and I found a decent Rocktron Hush Super C for 100 with shipping. If I ran that through my effects loop, would there be any signal cuts, any hum or feedback in a live setting, or any other problems that I may have overlooked? Also, is 100 used a fairly good deal?
el_destrukto

You should run your NS2 in your FX loop and save $100.

Thrash

ISP Decimator!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Nagash

Or you just sell your NS 2 and play without it as noise suppressors are completely useless except if you play jazz with an alexi laiho sig guitar and a laney stack amp ;)

Thrash

Or you just sell your NS 2 and play without it as noise suppressors are completely useless except if you play jazz with an alexi laiho sig guitar and a laney stack amp ;)

:confused:

spawnofthesith

Get an ISP Decimator! Also, do yourself a favor and get a power supply. In the long run (probably even short run) it is far cheaper than constantly buying 9 volts

splinter_ESP

yeah i need to get one too, i use a valve compressor outside my loop and it hums like a bitch at high gain, Im going for an EHx Hum Debugger personally. That or an ISP...

ESPimperium

NS-2 for me, does what it does with no added promices. I run mines fist in the chain of everything since i now have my tuner in my TU-2 out of my EB Volume pedal.

marcy_marc2008

i have all 3

ns 2
isp decimator pedal
hush super c

first off dont buy the super c. they're shit. IMO. i find that you cant get a good ballance between the amount of noise you need to reduce and the ammount of tone or sustain lost when doing so.

the decimator is awesome. it cuts everything you dont want. bad points are you have to find the ballance again as you only have one control (on the pedal version)

ns 2 IMO is the best of the 3. and probably the cheapest. you have the most flexability when it comes to controls. you have a send and return for your other pedals if you want to use it. i used to run my korg tuner through the send and return and you can still mute the signal.

Post to Thread