DiMarzio pups. School me.

Updated
smally13
I'm looking to swap out the generic Duncan-designed Pups on my '99 V-200. I'm thinking the Super Distortion is the way to go. Opinions? How do the Super 3 and the X2N compare/contrast? Inquiring monsters want to know...
Gfunk

X2Ns are good.

KH Guitar Freak

What kind of tone are you after???

smally13

I get a pretty decent organic overdrive from my setup now, but I'd like a little more heat, without putting so much pregain in that I get uncontrollable feedback. Know whatta mean?

load more replies (1 of 1)
guitarist1993

I've got a D-sonic going in to my Kelly sometime next week. I'll give a review on it when it gets here.

smally13

Organic= Guitar + Amp. No effects. I'm chasing the natural, unprocessed distortion that you can only get with passive pickups. Think Kill 'em All.

No Ethanol was harmed in the making of this post.

jus10

Didn't Kirk use actives for that album? Don't bash me if I'm wrong
I'm not a Metallica fan what so ever!

metalhobo

Didn't Kirk use actives for that album? Don't bash me if I'm wrong
I'm not a Metallica fan what so ever!

No, but they both used a ProCo Rat, which is a solid-state overdrive (pretty much a preamp). EMGs have solid-state preamps. EMGs are passive pickups with onboard preamps. Therefore if Smally13 calls Kill 'em All unprocessed, I fail to see why you would not be able to get "unprocessed" tone with EMGs. It's not like they're digital or anything.

load more replies (1 of 1)
exhibit-sbt

i heard duncan invader, from the montys site
http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/jameswhitevcopy.html

sam r.

Passing industry-relevant certification exams is always worthwhile to make your place or consolidate the existing one in the IT industry. One of such high profiled Exam JN0-664 (Service Provider Routing Juniper JN0-664 New Questions Update and Switching - Professional (JNCIP-SP)) opens up vistas of opportunities for the certified professionals and enhances their career prospects. Examcollection provides you an easy pathway to your dream certification.

tony A.

Switching - Professional (JNCIP-SP)) opens up vistas of opportunities for the certified professionals and enhances their career prospects of Idle office tycoon Mod APK. Examcollection provides you an easy pathway to your dream certification.

Post to Thread