peavey xxx owners, ohm switch question

Updated
peavey xxx owners, ohm switch question
didn't see a thread for this and can't find an answer in the users manual.. so, the impedance switch, is that for TOTAL impedance of all cabs or for each of the outputs? meaning if i have two 16 ohm cabs, do i set the switch at 16 ohms or do i set it at 8? i never really cared because i only ever used one cab.. but i plan on building a 16 ohm 212 cab and was wondering what the switch should be set to, 16 or 8..:confused:
gorsch

I'm pretty sure it should be set for total impedance. So for two 16-ohm cabs, you're gonna wanna run the amp at 8-ohms.

^^^^^this

2 16 ohms = 8 on the selector
2 8 ohms= 4 on the selector

deftoneskidd

ok, just checking because there's no explicit copy in the manual that specifies that it's for total load. or at least i didn't see it..

thanks for the info!

Roidster

i beg to differ ,on my Krank this is the exact way i run it
if i run my ohms selector on the wrong setting my amp makes a horrible noise

but you do make a good point

Roidster

ya Krank amps are not a parallel out

Roidster

i have a Rev1 not the plus series,the clean channel is clean,the Krank channel
is clean,i turn my gain down and add an overdrive to make it noisy and muddy sounding
i really dont get to play it as much as i like too,living in a condo highrise,its too loud for here,so it sits at my drummer place,and we really dont get to jam enough

Roidster

if your amp has a parallel speaker outs

LordCliffton

wtf is 'a parallel speaker outs'???

you are using both singular & plural descriptors in that garbled sentence...

A = 1

OUTS = several

Learn to Engrish better, mang?

Roidster

my brain says one thing my fingers say another :lol

LordCliffton

haha... ok.. I'll accept that as I've done it myself.

Roidster

huh! well look at that,my manual was just a piece of paper with settings on it :lol
when i got my 2nd 4-12 i had plug them in at 16 ohms,but i was never a fan on how
they sound at 16 ohms,so i daisy chained my cabs to 8 ohms,i just like the way they
sound at 8 ohms,next time im at the drummers house,im going to have to play around with my amp

who say's you cant teach an ol' dog new tricks :lol

Post to Thread