EMG zakk wylde set

Updated
morphius1
Are they any different than buying the 81 + 85 seperately? besides being slightly cheaper...
Mark K.

no...
well, maybe you get pots with it for if you have a guitar with a arched body..

I dunno...

OutlawTorn

my buddy got the ZW set for his knock off les paul....all i noticed was the long stem pots other then that there just an 81/85 with a his name on the box and a post card with pic inside...

TheDevilHimself

My favorite EMG combo.

morphius1

I'm buying them for my jackson you see, which isn't an arched body, so would it be better for me to buy them seperately? or just not use the pots..?

WildeStarr

I'm buying them for my jackson you see, which isn't an arched body, so would it be better for me to buy them seperately? or just not use the pots..?

Do you want/need the special ZW box, postcard, and pick? Thats really the only difference. The extra pots, you could always use later on in another guitar or sell them.

morphius1

Tbh i'm not a big ZW fan, i just thought it might be easier to buy that as its in one package and its cheaper but yes the pots could come in handy...and as you said, I could always just sell them

Big Rich

you can just buy the regular pickups the pots will fit no prob but yy not get he exra pots with the long stems in the zakk set, wouldnt hurt to have em just in case

deftoneskidd

doesn't matter.. either way you will still get the right pots, all the wiring, output jack and battery clip you need.

The Zakk Wylde set is $2 cheaper and has an extra set of pots & capacitators that would otherwise cost you $10-15... still pointless for your jackson, but may come in handy one day...

Post to Thread