Eminence Speakers question

Updated
Imperial Greg
Which are the best for metal? I'd like people's opinions... Something like, Machine Head, Killswitch kinda metal... I have a chance to get a good deal on either Legend 1258, or Man O War, i was told they're the best... anyone have any sugguestions on the best ones for metal, im looking to try something new in one of my cabs.
gorsch

I'm running Eminence Legend V12's now. been a huge MH fan from day one. I wont say I try to go for Rob's tone but mine is pretty simular. Then a gain a 5150 really always sounds like a 5150 unless you suck at dialing in a good tone.

Meh, I like V30's better but it could also be the box mine are in. My other guitarists Mesa cab destroys mine.

And MH uses Marshall 1960's and KSE probably use Mesa, I could be wrong with KSE.

andrei

don't know wich the best are (probably the ones more expensive), but i use governor (cose they're affordable) and they are pretty decent.

TheDevilHimself

The custom voiced version of the Legend for Krank is phenomenal / crisp, clear and just crushing.

I have used or am using the following speakers>

Governor - V30 copy, a bit more focused on the upper mids and more aggression

Black Powder - crisp and fairly trebly, works great with baritone and for death metal

Cannabis Rex - almost opposite of the Black Powder, huge tone, very round and full, soft treble response.

Also great would be the Texas Heat for metal.

TheDevilHimself

My death-inducing grunt would be a 4x12" with 2 Black Powders at the top and at the bottom either 2 Texas Heats, Govenors or Wizards (for more lows).

Harvesterofsorrow1199

i love eminence governors, they sound great, better then celestion v30's imho yet simillar and a lower price tag

xchumfiestax

Swamp Thangs

Post to Thread