post your amp settings

Updated
metallifuk86
i know we all have our own sound, but if you guys wanna post your amp type and knob settings, might help a few people out. i'll put my clean and dirty channels up soon, but some of you might be quicker about that right now. trev-
velo3

mesa single rec combo rectoverb red channel
gain 1:30
bass 5:00
mid 1:30
treble 1:00
presence 3:00
volume 10:00
master 8:00

Mike E Majik

I could tell you, but then your head would explode.

Turbo Rico

Full force on everything! Ok, maybe not volume, that would be insane.
I play (modded) Marshall, btw...

Justinschut

I put everything on 11.

kgry

Mids - 0.

That's all you need to know.

gorsch

Peavey 5150II- Live settings (last I remember)

red (lead) channel-- going by actual numbers, not "o'clock"

pre- 3
Bass- 7 "ish"
Mids- 4
treble- 6
res- 4
pres- 4-5
post- just below 4

and it's boosted with a SD1 (o'clock here since theres no numbers)
level - 3 to 4 oclock-ish
tone - 11 oclock
gain - 8-9 o clock-ish

and yes it does vary from venue to venue but not much.

metallifuk86

i was also wondering if anyone here has used the guitar rigs on apple's garageband '09 and how they got that to sound. they say that the metal one is modeled after the mesa, so i used my settings on it and it sounds decent, but not "whoa!!" so just wondering who's used it and how successful.

trev-

metallifuk86

my triple rec always got me messed up cuz of all the switches n knobs on the back of it too, and i got it used, so i had to dl the owner's manual. i have it sounding good, but not a shit your pants awesome that it should be capable of, and it is recently retubed

trev-

the_emptier

marshall valvestate 8240

gain:3 o clock
bass: 10 o clock
mids: 2 o clock
treble:4 o clock
contour:all the way up when practicing at home but 1 o clock when im with my band (i dont cut through)
reverb:never!

haha

Kannon

Splawn Quick Rod
Gear 3 OD1
Pres: 1:00
Bass: 10:15
Mids: 12:30
Treble 11:30
Gain: 2:30-3:00
Volume: 9:00

Justinschut

anyone got any settings/patches for a Line6 HD147? Mine should be coming in tommorrow :)

exhibit-sbt

ill make you one in a soberer state, using the line6 toneport gold, which has the same settings through a marshall mg15 as a monitor speaker... its really an assy setup, but direct recording sounds o...kay.

Post to Thread