Bridge Pickup dilemma

Updated
Fordman65
I want to get new PU's for my LP. I am set on either a PAF PRO or EMG 60 for the neck. My question is whats the difference between a H2n+ and the 81? Is the H2n+ a little less spikey than the 81 but still retain the high gain tones? If I get the H2N I am going with the PAF PRO obviously the 81 with go with the 60.
Gfunk

Forget the H2N, try an X2N.

Its a great bridge pup, especially if you like the 81.

Fordman65

fuck dude that might be sweet. I was reading up on the x2n and it seems right up my alley. Plus think it would go good with teh PafPro

Gfunk

I have that combo in a Horizon and was not crazy about the paf pro at first, but its kinda growing on me.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

I would nowadays prefer pickups with less output. Highgain pickups are too compressed usually.

Fordman65

Thanks for all the replys.

In single coil mode does the PAF have a volume drop like the 89? If the clean is good in single mode the the dirty are good in hum mode I will the the PAF a lot I think.

KH Guitar Freak

Thanks for all the replys.

In single coil mode does the PAF have a volume drop like the 89? If the clean is good in single mode the the dirty are good in hum mode I will the the PAF a lot I think.

Yes, coil split would have a volume drop, unevitable really unless you have a preamp boost of some sort, or something along those lines...

To Gfunk: You may prefer the PAF Joe in the neck instead, just a thought...

Guitarslingerans

What's the difference between the PAF Joe and PAF PRO?

-A-

TheDevilHimself

The Joe is a bit hotter and more suited for soloing, I think it has a bit more midrange grind.

Post to Thread