Peavey 5150 / Line 6 HD147 ?

Updated
Justinschut
So Ive got this 5150 combo, which Ive been trying to sell cuz its a bitch to take with me to gigs and I hardly use it at home.. it hasnt really been selling and now some guy wants to trade it for his Line 6 HD 147 plus 50 bucks. What do you think ? The value isnt really the same, but atleast it would be gone and I'd have a head.. how awesome is the HD147? I played it once but didnt like it that much (was just 10 minutes in a store tho on some cheap Jackson)
Justinschut

The 5150 is great, but I dont record miced amps at home and it´s too big to take to most gigs, friggin heavy too.. Its just worth more :p

Guess I could go for it, but it doesnt have a footswitch.. think the one from my Spider II will work just for switching channels ?

Metaldude30

Do eet, do eet nao!!!

Mark K.

with a external EQ the 5150 model is superb!!!! whithout EQ it gets close, but it hasn't that extra bit I'm looking for...

Gwedo

Weird.........as i am in the same situation

I have a 5150 combo and it sounds amazzing but its way to heavy to take to gigs. I checked out a Vetta 2 head to as it was a good price and its sounds nowhere near as nice in my opinion.

Basically the only amp i would trade it for would be a roadster or a powerball but it will cost a fair bit more so im stuck!

Thats no help i know but your not alone! :)

Justinschut

well, guess I should go for it and use the Spider switch with it :)

That is the great thing about Line 6 amps, all the effects and tuner (does HD147 have a tuner?) and saving presets and stuff in 1. Also recording at home without a cab should be cool :)

Mainly I just have no use for a combo and I can use the head for gigs

KFW

Matt speaks the truth.

poidaobi

5150 Head Easily...

Combo...failboat...along with all the other Combos.

Line6 are sterile plastic lifeless. PODIOTS!!!!

Mark K.

^+100000 on that one...

Mark K.

the HD147 just rocks...

BUY IT!!!!

Justinschut

Well since this it prolly gonna happen some time soon, anyone willing to send some awesome soundz for the HD147 my way? Mike, DarkKnight ?

Im becoming quite the Line 6 guy, Ive had and loved my Spider II for home jamming for years now and I just got a POD and now a HD147 :) Im not against tubes tho, I loved the Fireball and 5150 heads I had

Justinschut

I ment if anyone had any presets/patches they would care to send my way :)

Mark K.

I would....PM me your e-mail adress...

capoeiraesp

And then there's the spidervalve...which isn't at all what this threads about.

Own it, and have one hell of a love/hate relationship.
A great balance between digital and tube technology.
Like most line6 amps it also loves a good tweaking with eq's and what not.
Like some line6 amps it has shit itself on one occasion where the presets I had setup scrambled themselves.

5150: owned it and love it for the one trick pony it is.
Spidervalve and other high end line6ers: Love the versatility and tones.
Direct out and patch setup on your computer? Very advantageous.
From what I've heard of hd147 and vettas I would go the Hd147 over the 5150.

ryanplagues

Eh. I've owned an HD-147, a Vetta I, a Vetta II, a 5150, and a 5150 II, and i'd have to say that i prefer the 5150II over all the other ones. YMMV.

Gwedo

Basically Vetta is handy to have and easy to gig but it depends what you want, to my ears (and others) it sounds fake, but its still tempting as its a "jack of all trades" much easier to take a head to a gig than a combo espically the 5150 as it weighs 20000 billion tons

DarkKnight369

There are a few reasons I bought the HD147 instead of the Vetta II. First of all was probably the price. The difference is almost the cab itself. Second of all, I didn't think I needed everything in the Vetta. I still haven't had the chance to do everything I want to with the HD147 and I have had the thing for over 2 years. I only have 12 channels on my shortboard filled up and there is much more I can still do and want to do with the amp. Third, I never really got around to buying a second cab, I didn't have room in my SUV for it between gigs, and I don't have much room for it now. Its pretty important to have 2 cabs with the vetta.

Part of me always gases for a Vetta, just because I know its more awesome than what I have. Part of me is secretly holding out for a Vetta 3, or debates a POD X3 pro rack set up. Some of the features I want in a vetta, I can add as a pedal, like the line 6 FM4, but what I really want that I can't have on the HD147 is the 2 amps at once. Then again, it comes back to the whole I only have 1 cab thing. Not to mention, Line 6 stupidly discontinued modeling cabs. Although the SV cab would hold its own.

Strange

There are a few reasons I bought the HD147 instead of the Vetta II. First of all was probably the price. The difference is almost the cab itself. Second of all, I didn't think I needed everything in the Vetta. I still haven't had the chance to do everything I want to with the HD147 and I have had the thing for over 2 years. I only have 12 channels on my shortboard filled up and there is much more I can still do and want to do with the amp. Third, I never really got around to buying a second cab, I didn't have room in my SUV for it between gigs, and I don't have much room for it now. Its pretty important to have 2 cabs with the vetta.

Part of me always gases for a Vetta, just because I know its more awesome than what I have. Part of me is secretly holding out for a Vetta 3, or debates a POD X3 pro rack set up. Some of the features I want in a vetta, I can add as a pedal, like the line 6 FM4, but what I really want that I can't have on the HD147 is the 2 amps at once. Then again, it comes back to the whole I only have 1 cab thing. Not to mention, Line 6 stupidly discontinued modeling cabs. Although the SV cab would hold its own.

The "2 amps at once" thing would be my main driver for buying one.

And, why would they have discontinued the modeling cabs if that is what works best with their flagship head?

Post to Thread