TC Electronics Nova Delay and Dunlop DC Brick (Voltage Related)

Updated
TC Electronics Nova Delay and Dunlop DC Brick (Voltage Related)
Im really in need of a new delay, i want the TC Electronics Nova Delay as i think it has all i would ever need in a delay, good quality delays, enough variations to shake a stick at and the fact it has a digitial readout to get the 485ms delay that i have in my Pod XT and X3s that i love so much. Only one thing, i have a DC Brick for my PSU for all my effects. The Nova Delay runs on a 12V supply and my DC Brick only puts out a 9V and 18V supply. I dont want to have to go and buy a new PSU as i like the DC Brick alot. Is it posible to rum the Nova Delay with my DC brick at all??? Is that posible??? Thanks in advance!
DeathrollJM

it totally depends on the micro chip inside the unit. if it doesn't have a tolerance past 2% then going over 12v will fry it over time, if it has no tolerance you can run up to 24v (not many pedals that i know that do that, and i wouldn't recommend trying it.)

running at 9v will lower your input headroom, whereas running 18v (if it would work) would give you more headroom.

you have to find out the chip that is on the unit and see its voltage tolerances.

esp_gaijin

Im really in need of a new delay, i want the TC Electronics Nova Delay as i think it has all i would ever need in a delay, good quality delays, enough variations to shake a stick at and the fact it has a digitial readout to get the 485ms delay that i have in my Pod XT and X3s that i love so much.

Only one thing, i have a DC Brick for my PSU for all my effects. The Nova Delay runs on a 12V supply and my DC Brick only puts out a 9V and 18V supply. I dont want to have to go and buy a new PSU as i like the DC Brick alot.

Is it posible to rum the Nova Delay with my DC brick at all??? Is that posible???

Thanks in advance!

this doesn't address your question but just babbling anyway,
i considered that delay too until Chev and others said i should look at the eventide delay,
and also for the $250? cost of the nova there are probably other good delays to consider as well,

in addition to considering having 2 less expensive delays rather than one expensive delay; set to different times.

i dunno, i just think $250 is a lot and think you should consider some other delays too.

i know, my post is useless. |I

ESPimperium

Theres nearly £110 of a diffrence in the Nova and the Time Factor that you Mention Gaij.

Mainly im wanting the delay to be directly dialable to the 485ms i like, and the Nova will do that with out the bullshit.

Altho, i could get the Boss DD-7, but that will be the same as my DD-6 where i just cant get the thing dialed in to that sweet spot.

Altho, i am going to get a Carbon Copy delay sometime, i want a good quality digital delay that i can use pretty much as the workhorse in my rig, that is a good jack of all trades, again the Nova ticks all those boxes.

But all i want to know, will the DC brick and the Nova interact with each other, despite the voltage diffrence???

boogiejh3

Theres nearly £110 of a diffrence in the Nova and the Time Factor that you Mention Gaij.

Mainly im wanting the delay to be directly dialable to the 485ms i like, and the Nova will do that with out the bullshit.

Altho, i could get the Boss DD-7, but that will be the same as my DD-6 where i just cant get the thing dialed in to that sweet spot.

Altho, i am going to get a Carbon Copy delay sometime, i want a good quality digital delay that i can use pretty much as the workhorse in my rig, that is a good jack of all trades, again the Nova ticks all those boxes.

But all i want to know, will the DC brick and the Nova interact with each other, despite the voltage diffrence???

I use a DC brick and Nova Delay, but with separate power supplies. I wouldn't plug the Nova into the brick if I were you, you'll probably damage it. If you are going to try it, check out the tc electronics site first and see if you can email their customer service department and see what they have to say.

Phil

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

Im now thinking about a Boss DD-20, any opinions on them???

esp_gaijin

i dig it for a digital delay quite a lot, i'd forgotten about it; i'd prefer a boss dd20 over the nova, based on online specs for the nova, jmho.
and the boss uses standard 9v.

here the nova is $250 and the boss $220.

load more replies (1 of 1)
boogiejh3

I had one a while back, and I think the Nova kills it in every way possible. Sound quality, more preset storage, better modulation, and its not as big so it doesn't take up as much room on your board.

Phil

Post to Thread