Kickin asses Pre amps tube...and Framus Cobra question inside

Updated
Diurno
...Which ones? I've got some JJ ecc83s and some TT selected (china i think)....any ohters? Well, i've got my Cobra...but i don't like EL34 too much....i want to put in 6L6: i have some JJ 6L6 GC matched....but i'd like to taste wxt+......what do you think? Who has this head?
Metaldude30

Talk to Ans, post in the general section he might see it easily there!

slayerfan213

Does a Cobra have a bias switch on it to change from 6l6 to el34? If not, your not going to able to do it without an amp tech.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Sixstringhotshot

Nice clip 8o

guitarsatbmusic

I think the most pertinent question before going any further. What cab do you have?

poidaobi

I personally think different brands of tubes make no substancial difference. The amp either sounds good or it doesn't.

Their impact on tone is often exagerated.

+1 to "Cab" though.

Guitarslingerans

Open back cabs are gonna sound like dog shit with the Cobra considering they were designed and voiced around a front loaded, sealed back cab. You've got pretty much the exact opposite of what that amp was voiced for.

-Ans-

guitarsatbmusic

Well, I guess we can rule out tubes as the culprit when you're running those cabs. Was it a 1960AV or 1960A you tried it with?

Diurno

Open back cabs are gonna sound like dog shit with the Cobra considering they were designed and voiced around a front loaded, sealed back cab. You've got pretty much the exact opposite of what that amp was voiced for.

-Ans-

I've made the photos after having opened the backs, but i can close all holes! I always play closed back!!!.....and the cabs are front loaded...however i'm gonna try some pre amp tubes different from the jj....and sooner o later i'll change the powertubes with (i hope to find em) Ruby ones or svetlana....JJ are not good?

PS. I've tried the cobra with 1960AV (with vintage30 speakers)

load more replies (1 of 1)
chevy Z 302

whats the clean/crunch like on the cobra?

Post to Thread