Randall MTS

Updated
WretchedESP86
Has anyone played one of these amps where they have different modules to make it sound like other amps. If you ask me this idea seems kinda silly but I'm just wondering if anyone has played one, and what do you think of it?
gorsch

I've only played the Plexi module and was pretty sold on that. Sounded great. Maybe a little darker then the original amps they model but you can also mod each module real easily. I may buy one when the time comes for a new amp.

Ramses1134

Has anyone played one of these amps where they have different modules to make it sound like other amps. If you ask me this idea seems kinda silly but I'm just wondering if anyone has played one, and what do you think of it?

if you ask me you are kind of silly.

i would love and amp thats semi affordable with a crystal clean channel and an amazing dirty channel. and room for a 3rd option. yes, each module is 200 extra, but the options are endless as to what you can do overall.

ive played various modules, id say its worth it. but i am more a guitar buyer than amp tryer outer and seller and such.

Ramses1134

i remember loving the blackface and the ultra modules. the recto was really good too.

but i also like the matching preamp rig. now with both, there could definately be some interesting brutalness going on.

chevy Z 302

do you happen to know when egnaters E2 is coming out? That interests me a bit

khingpynn

I own a Lynch Box and the four mods... Brahma, Mr Scary, Super V, and Grail.
I also own a Koch and a Soldano... the Randall gets most of my attention.
I've owned mine for 18 months so this aint no newby comment... KILLER SOUNDING AMP.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Red&Die

I just bought the RM4, arrived yesterday, very good!!

I had the Blackface, 1086, SL+, Ultra. And now I'm waiting for my Randall RT2-50 Poweramp to go with!! :D

LordCliffton

I messed around with some at a local store.. absolutely excellent idea & totally functional as well,, in other words it was fracking AWESOME!! They had several different modules. X-stacy, the 1032(or w/e the Dan Donegan model is), Ultra, PLex, blackface.. really easy to switch em.. vastly different tones.. just really innovative and original thinking! If I were to buy an amp right now.. I'd get 1 of those Randall or the Egnators.. the modules ARE interchangeable. It don't get more awesome than that.
peace

chevy Z 302

get the egnater if you want to use any of his modules, reap the benefits rather than miss out by using egnater modules in randall chassis.

JMO

i'll probably buy a E2 when it comes out, pair with a 20/20 mesa or something. "cheap" rig maybe?:\ im undecided

LordCliffton

get the egnater if you want to use any of his modules, reap the benefits rather than miss out by using egnater modules in randall chassis.

JMO

Wait, I don't get it. The randall modules are forwards compatible.. ok. Makes sense since the Randall was first and the Egnator was second.

But the Egnator modules are not? WTFH?! Aren't they the same things?!?!?! For real-all the descriptions for the Egnator stuff sounded pretty much identical to the randall stuff... aside from the fact that Egnator seemed to be avoiding copyright/trademark infringement by changing the wording some for each model name.

OutlawTorn

any one play through the hammett modules?

metalhobo

http://bp1.blogger.com/_dgMqbmLvRHE/RpbYhjQnSUI/AAAAAAAAADQ/yMcDX7DW_Hk/s320/strong+mad+edit.png And then Strongmad comes in on his bass "dow dow do do do do doo dow, dod do dodow dow dow."

reilly

I have had my Rm100 for almost 4 years now and I absolutely love it (Im lucky to keep an amp for a year before I sell it) . I have owned Marshalls, Mesa's, Laney, Peavey, line 6, and Hughes and Kettner. I couldn't be happier and haven't even looked at anything else since I bought the RM100.

My current Mods are the Blackface, 1086 and the Ultra, all modified. I have also had the plexi, recto, and XTC all of which I thought sounded great. I love the versatility and flexibility of this amp. Im sold on this thing.

Ramses1134

how did you modify the modules?? i want to have a backup amp, and ive wanted to buy a backup for a while, but ive been lazy. i had decided a while ago that it was going to be either a 6505+ or a Randall RM100. but it definately helps my wanting of the randall knowing that the modules can be modified.

esp_gaijin

i want to have a backup amp, and ive wanted to buy a backup for a while, but ive been lazy. i had decided a while ago that it was going to be either a 6505+ or a Randall RM100. but it definately helps my wanting of the randall knowing that the modules can be modified.

for just a backup amp, i can't highly enough recommend THE ORANGE TINY TERROR!!

Chev brought his over last sunday and he and i both jammed on it a long time, i REALLY like that amp!

it has EL84 power tubes. to me, jmo, it has more of a marshally kind of sound than fendery, fwiw.
i was shocked how tight it remained when gain turned up,
and shocked how much distortion/gain the thing had on tap!

it sounded so much better on clean, overdrive, and high gain, than so many amps i've owned or tried that cost tons more.
i really wish i had a legit excuse to just go buy one. it's so small i might sneak one into my house anyway :D 8o

and regardless of watt stated, the thing gets LOUD. we were playing thru a 4x12 with v30s.

Ramses1134

well, i meant more like a backup head but do you think it could cut when playing in a band situation??

esp_gaijin

well, i meant more like a backup head

? it is a head, it's not a combo.

but do you think it could cut when playing in a band situation??

i can't imagine why not, it sounded pretty mid-ish to me, it's not a scooped higainer like a framus cobra; it sounded a good bit like my splawn promod, it just lacks features like a loop or more eq knobs, but it also costs used only $450 range, and for the sound quality it entirely slays anything anywhere near even its new price of $699.
note for all the gain it does have, it is very low noise! something that isn't true for peaveys, genz benz, etc.

Sixstringhotshot

I think he knows it's a head, but he means a REAL head. 100w = real.

Ramses1134

I think he knows it's a head, but he means a REAL head. 100w = real.

SSHS is right, i meant it as like it isnt 50 or 100 watts, its like 15 watts right??

but yeah i do want to check it out. everyone here seems to love the shit out of them.

load more replies (1 of 1)
gorsch

If it's a back up, who cares how many watts it is. Does it get the job done? If yes than it doesnt matter. I've had to use a Crate powerblock before. Boy was I glad I had that in the van. I forgot it was under the seat. Was able to play the show, actully sounded alright. Not good but still better than some of the other bands that night. It was much better than having to cancel last minute. Fuck, I'd play through a Pandora's box running directly to the PA if it meant playing a show or not.

Red&Die

Anyone here mod the MTS module?? I heard that it sound much better with mod (the cap).

chevy Z 302

No, go read up on them.

egnater designed the system, his modules are basically 2 channels in one module. So if you want to use it in a randall shell, you can, but you can't access both channels. If you use it in egnaters shells you get the benefits of accessing everything.

Post to Thread