NEW Wah Needed

Updated
NEW Wah Needed
I have grown out of my Dunlop 535Q wah, i still love it to pieces, but i think i want something more modren when it comes to wah now. As i play mainly metal i feel the 535Q isnt cutting it, and the fact the 535Q is destined fopr a Bass pedalboard im designing soon, i need a new guitar wah; Im looking at the following, so any reviews or recomendations will be helpful: Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Wah Dunlop GCB95F Origional Classic Wah Morley Tremonti Power Wah I am open minded, so i will also take some suggestions to ones that may be good for me as well. Thanks again.
chevy Z 302

i've heard the rmc 3, it was nice but i dont know if i use the wah enough to justify it really. Although i want a EMB, rack dunlop, etc so there ya go.

I liked the 535q quite a bit from trying it, i've got a v847 that i've fiddled with and modded but i dont really like the tone from it anymore. A little too harsh and squeally on the high end. I may just pickup something else in the future but for now i never really use a wah but the budda, hiwatt, parachute, rack dunlop and a few others intreague me.

KH Guitar Freak

I like them manual on/off switching, but that's just me...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dark Alone

My Morley Bad Horsie has treated me well over the years.

ESPimperium

Im gonna try theese:

Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Wah
Morley Tremonti Wah
Vox V847
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah

DeathIsMyJustice

Im gonna try theese

do it :hat

ZephMan

Im gonna try theese:

Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Wah
Morley Tremonti Wah
Vox V847
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah

Try a Bad horsie to if you can. The tremonti is just to much for some people, so the BH is a great alliterative.

Piney Hills Music

I didnt read the thread, so someone may have mentioned it, but the Ibanez Weeping Demon is not bad either, and it sounds a little different, so thats cool.

ZephMan

i'm just pointing out where evh had been a real putz.

Who hasn't been at times, oh ya, Ted nugent :p

ESPimperium

I was gonna add in the Bad Horsie as well.

Whats the diffrence between a Bad Horsie and a Bad Horsie II, just the 2 switchable modes??? But whats the diffrence tonewise???

ZULND3R

ive always just used my good ol' Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah with no problems....

gorsch

ive always just used my good ol' Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah with no problems....

Dude, I feel ya. For me, I need a little but more because of my gain factor. BUt all the Wah tones I hear that I like, I'll walk to the stage and see what they got. Just a simple Original crybaby. The cheap (think @ $69) is alright, but the one I think they call the Classic (@ $90 i think) is my fav. Dont have one though. I already own too many damn wahs. I refuse to buy yet another. My 535Q is set to sound like the Classic with a bit of boost.

DeathIsMyJustice

Iv got a Original Crybaby and yeah there pretty cool, but there it a lot better on the market ;)

Steve K.

Try a Fulltone , Clyde Standard, very cool hand built unit out of california it will set you back about 230 bucks but it's awesome

chevy Z 302

mike makes great products, i wish his TSC will get back rolling but doesnt look like it is at the moment.

can't wait for his 'ep3'

ESPimperium

Ive changed the settings on my 535Q and like them now, but i am gonna get a second wah as you can never have too many of them, unless you have about 20, i think every guitar player should have about 2-3 diffrent wahs and a good few OD Boxes that they can use at the drop of a hat... It just makes sense to me that way.

gorsch

Ive changed the settings on my 535Q and like them now, but i am gonna get a second wah as you can never have too many of them, unless you have about 20, i think every guitar player should have about 2-3 diffrent wahs and a good few OD Boxes that they can use at the drop of a hat... It just makes sense to me that way.

Whats your settings? Not to snag em or anything, just curious. I'm always messing with mine trying "the tone." And by your standards I'm 1 wah above every guitarist.

gorsch

^^^^^cool.

Your Q is higher than volume? MInes a little lower than the volume but I prefer a mild wah tone. Pretty much the classic tone but I need more cut because of more gain.

ESPimperium

I like to hear the wah, but not too much, the volume i finds pushes the amp too much, as i run a TS9 i use the TS9 for pushing the amp more, thats the effect i like with the OD and Wah, but i like to run quite a broad wah tone, but not too wide as it sounds too uncontrolable.

But i want a more modren wah and a more classic wah, to cover all the bases, without having to change settings all the time. And anyways, i feel that my 535Q is better suited to a bass tone, when put together with my MT-2 i can get that Burton/Newstead "For Whom The Bell Tolls" wah/dist tone pretty much on demand.

gorsch

I like to hear the wah, but not too much, the volume i finds pushes the amp too much, as i run a TS9 i use the TS9 for pushing the amp more, thats the effect i like with the OD and Wah, but i like to run quite a broad wah tone, but not too wide as it sounds too uncontrolable.

But i want a more modren wah and a more classic wah, to cover all the bases, without having to change settings all the time. And anyways, i feel that my 535Q is better suited to a bass tone, when put together with my MT-2 i can get that Burton/Newstead "For Whom The Bell Tolls" wah/dist tone pretty much on demand.

yeah, I dont run a TS9 or any front end boost. For my leads without a wah, I'll kick in a SD1 for more grite or bite. The 2 combined is too much with my settings.

ESPimperium

If you like the SD-1, id highly recommend getting a TS9 or GT-OD as a alternitive tho.

gorsch

I've got a TS9 and didnt really like how it sounded with the 5150. It spikes the mids a butt load. I would consider the GT-OD, I just dont use it enough to buy another OD pedal. It's only used for maybe 2 songs. I like the SD1 with gain @4, level almost dimed, and tone @4. Just added grit and a touch of bite from the level. My lead boost is actually done with the G-major.

KH Guitar Freak

You=get a Keeley TS9 Mod Plus... :p

But if you really don't like the slightest midhump, then get a Xotic AC booster...

Z mann R2

Returned my dimebag wah from hell.....too much and couldn't justify the $150 i need a good drum machine instead

Post to Thread