New Neck Pickup For My EC-1K W/ BKP In It

Updated
New Neck Pickup For My EC-1K W/ BKP In It
Im really wanting a new neck pickup for my EC-1000VHB that has my BKP Painkiller in it, im not shure what i want, wether to get another 59', but with 4 conductor wireing in it, or get something a little diffrent, maybes a Di Marzio. I was thinking of theese ones: BKP PG Blues (Neck) BKP Black Dog (Neck) DiMarzio PAF Joe, DP213FBK DiMarzio PAF Pro, DP151 DiMarzio Evolution Neck, DP158FBK Seymour Duncan SH-2 jazz model, Neck Seymour Duncan Antiquity, Neck What one should i get for good cleans, but something tonally diffrent to my current '59. Thanks again!!
hermz

The Holy Diver is awesome as a neck pickup. I have one in my custom V which previously had a '59.

Also, have you considered a VHII neck? I just got one which I'll be putting in my Navigator LP when it arrives with a Black Dog in the bridge. I got a good feeling about this combo :)

KH Guitar Freak

Be more specific with the tone you want to get... :p

ESPimperium

I kinda want thet Paf sound, but with a little more power and responce, like a EMG 60, but less powerful sounding, more organic sounding.

Thats what im aiming for i guess.

KH Guitar Freak

How's about the new Dimarzio PAF pups???

ESPimperium

Those could be intresting, but i may try and get a D-Activator Neck tho as ive been reading the description on the DM site and that mey be what im looking for.

However i am starting to lean towards the BKP Black Dog or even a Cold Sweat in the neck tho, as i feel the best way to accompany my BKP may be with another BKP.

However i may just go and get a 4 conductor 59' so i can use it in a coiltapped form to give some single-coiled tones as well.

IbaDavez

get the painkiller neck model

ESPimperium

Nah, the painkiller wouold sound too much like a EMG 81 in the neck, whitc is cool, but i dont like that. I want something a bit warmer, and rounder, whilst organic, thats why the Cold Sweat will be getting bought, in 4 conductor mode tho for coil tapping abilitys.

May go and get a 4 conductor chrome covered Pain Killer now as well for more tonal coverage as well, but i dont know yet, i may just leave that in standard 2 conductor mode as to steal a Satch song for a moment "I Just Wanna Rock" in the bridge.

hermz

Nah, the painkiller wouold sound too much like a EMG 81 in the neck
No it wouldn't. The Painkiller neck will have an Alnico V magnet, therefore making it warmer, rounder and most organic than the bridge ;)

ESPimperium

AAHHhhh, i see, maybes i should get a couple of diffrent ones, maybes a Painkiller neck, a Cold Sweat Neck, either way ill be in WIN territory as i want to get a new guitar and put either a Miracle Man or a Nailbomb in the bridge, so id be saving in the long run.

ESPimperium

Before i go with a Di Marzio pickup, im gonna check what BKPs GuitarGuitar have for the neck posistion, if they dont have much, i feel that i may be getting a Di Marzio Paf Joe or D Activator neck.

I was thinking what about the Seymour Duncan Jazz in my EC, when i had it in my DK2M i found it lifeless, but how would it sound in my EC???

Nikopapp

Seymour Duncan Antiquity is your best bet.

Post to Thread