Pod X3 help

Updated
xchumfiestax
I've been gas'ing for one of these real hard but I've got some questions first I've had an HD147 for a couple of years now, and I was wondering how the sound quality would compare. I know that you can use the X3 as a recording interface but how exactly does that work? I have no Pod experience of any kind. How does it sound through headphones? and what kind of monitors would you recommend? help?
power_lutin

I've been gas'ing for one of these real hard but I've got some questions first

I've had an HD147 for a couple of years now, and I was wondering how the sound quality would compare.

I know that you can use the X3 as a recording interface but how exactly does that work? I have no Pod experience of any kind.

How does it sound through headphones? and what kind of monitors would you recommend?

help?

I never tried a HD147 but I can tell you that if you spend the time to learn how the thing works, you can nail great tones out of it. The pod can work as a recording interface by USB 2 or spdif. It is really simple to use, you just plug it and set it as the imput device in your recording software. I use krk rp6 monitors with it but you can use whatever you want. The pod sounds great through headphones too.

If you're a plug and play kind of guy, you're going to hate the thing, though. It takes a lot of time to learn about all the features and learning to use them to get you where you want.

xchumfiestax

Thanks guys

I'm not playing out or anything so a pod might be a better fit for my apartment playing.

is there any way to use one set of monitors for a pod and a keyboard?

so, if i want to record with the x3, I need a sound card with a s/pdif input, right?

Post to Thread