A question about FX Loops, ENGL SE

Updated
Fordman65
Ok I have a question so I will try here again, hopefully with better results than my last question. On my SE I have 2 parallel loops and 1 Serial. I just got a MXR Carbon Copy Delay that I want to run in one of the loops. When I just run it in front of the amp it sounds decent but IMO greatly colors the tone of the amp, which I am trying to avoid. When I run it in the serial loop the tone is better but the effect is not nearly as clear sounding. Thus I tried in one of the parallel loops. I turned the signal to 100% wet and hooked up the delay, mind you the second loop was completely dry so it's basically off. When hooked up I get a major drop in sound, like there is litterally nothing at all. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Could it be that the delay is just not compatible with the parallel loops and just needs to be run serial?
Brian

I can't really help because I am not familiar with ENGL amps at all. What surprises me is what you say about it in front of the amp. I am shocked it colors your tone that much that you notice it. Being true bypass and an analog delay I wouldn't expect that. I will say that delays do tend to function better in the effects loop but again, I don't know much about ENGL. Sorry.

Corrigan

Quick question, Donting - why is it that delay won't sound good infront?

Corrigan

I see, thanks. :)

Post to Thread