Are the original TSP or Maxon 808's worth the price

Updated
Fordman65
I am looking at getting an original Tube Screamer. Are they worth it? Is there a huge different between the originals and the re-issues? The originals go for $200-$450, so i am not sure they are worth that much but I do know they retain their value so I would probably be willing to spend the money. Say your thoughts people
esp_gaijin

unless i played one and felt it was worth the money, i wouldn't pay it, jmo.

i've owned a few pieces here and there that were highly sought after that i either had bought before the hype, or got for a low price in some rare find situation,

yet i can't think of any atm that i still own,

meaning after comparing them to other items, i didn't feel they were worth their going price, so i sold them and pocketed the diff.

the WH-1 being one example.

i didn't try to find any of these pieces for low to sell high, i just either had them before the hype, or found them at a small shop unaware of the price hype and got 'em for a more normal price for what they were.

now if you play one and really love it, then you can decide how much it's worth to own. that's my onion :)

Sixstringhotshot

I've never played a WH-1, but the 2, 3, and 4 don't track worth a shit. What made you like the 2 3 or 4 enough to sell the 1?

EDIT: On topic, I wouldn't bother unless you stumble on one you really love. Old stuff retains value assuming parts don't start going bad. It's not common, but it happens, and those parts can be costly and hard to find.

Fordman65

Thanks for the comments boys! I decided to pass on one for now, and I might just pick up a re-issue.

Side note: Given that I got a whole 2 responses I think it's safe to say this place sucks ass. So many people with such a lack of knowledge.:rolleyes:

load more replies (2 of 2)
Post to Thread