No Pick Up Rings

Updated
japs5607
Hi really like the look of pickups on guitars when they dont have the rings around like caparison, ibanez Does anyone know how the pickups attch to the guitar body when not using rings as i would like to try this on my bc rich Cheers Guys
DeathrollJM

they are mounted into the wood of the guitar. If you have a guitar that has rings on it, you will not be able to remove the ring and screw it down because on the ring guitars they route out the wood are where you would screw it in giving you less than a 1/4 before you go into the other side of the guitar.

hypothetically, wood mounted pups sound better because you get the wood resonance into the pickup. all the guitars that i have played that have this (like the john petrucci sig) sound brutal with dimarzio's, they are really fat but still crisp and punchy. thats why the high end caparisons, music man and ibanez guitars do this.

LordCliffton

/\/\/\ hence why he said you get more resonance from the wood into the pup.. I guess its true eh? :D

ZephMan

Tou couls always fill in the route for the rings, and then re-mount the pickups.

DeathrollJM

Tou couls always fill in the route for the rings, and then re-mount the pickups.

cant guarantee that to wood filler will affect the tone in a positive manner, couldn't imagine that it would sound good.

load more replies (1 of 1)
CL4P-TP

I've always liked how guitars looked without the pickup rings. I've never played one that was set up like this though.

Post to Thread