pick-up suggestions

Updated
Mofoski9000
any pick-up suggestions for playing in low tunings on a 6 string. i'm talkin B and lower.
Bridge The Void

EMG work, if you don't wanna go active Dimarzio make a couple of good pickups, namely the Drop Sonic and the D-activator. The D-sonic was "designed for low tunings", apparently.

I personally find that the lower output Seymour Duncans work for everything.

jsp

I wouldn't recommend invaders for low tunings. They aren't the clearest-sounding pickups.

Curt Daddy

I wouldn't recommend invaders for low tunings. They aren't the clearest-sounding pickups.

+1

ZephMan

Emg definatly work for anything,

Ha! that made me laugh.

Dimarzio D-sonic or A

ZephMan

Super 3

Mofoski9000

anyone know where i can get lundgren pickups.?

imprinted

Try Lundgren M6's, BKP Warpigs or Q-Tuner GL-6's if you're wanting low Tunings and want passives.

willhaven

What are you looking for in a pickup? What's your sound and what kind of distortion and amp do you play through?

I tune fairly low (drop C) and I use a mid-gain pickup (Duncan Blues Saraceno model). I mostly play heavy distorted rhythm stuff through a Mesa Triple Rec. I also play lots of clean parts as well as heavy parts where I'm playing melodies on top of a base power chord, so the clarity and definition I lost with high output pickups was a problem for me.

I don't think every player who plays heavy music with high gain needs a high output pickup. I think a lot of it depends on your personal playing style, what tone(s) you're trying to achieve and what equipment you use.

Mofoski9000

i'm trying to acheive meshuggah's tone lol.

imprinted

Then Lundgren is definitely your preferred option then as that's what Meshuggah use. :)

They use the M8 model and used to use the M7 (when they were on their 7 strings funnily enough!)

I received mine yesterday, looks nice. very understated!

Mofoski9000

how do i get just the bridge pickup? it only lets me choose the set.

Mofoski9000

how do i get just the bridge pickup? it only lets me choose the set.

imprinted

ahh - you're in the U.S aren't you? I just emailed Johan and asked him for just the bridge pickup. Think you'd have to email the guy in the US and ask him if he has it for sale individually.

Good luck!

Post to Thread