Questions about GCP and GCX

Updated
Fordman65
There is an auction that has both units for sale, they both appear to be in very good condition and the price seems reasonable. They are both the original versions of the units that were made by Digital Music Corp, now the units are produced by Voodoo Labs. Is it worth me spending the extra money to get the most current units total would be $800 or should I buy the original set for aroune $500? Pros and Cons?
chevy Z 302

they've always been manufactured by voodoo afaik, only recently have they added the voodoo logo.

Its a GCP not a GC right? The way you word it 'old' makes me concerned.

the newest GCX will have an updated buffer
the GCP there isn't any difference afaik

the buffer is relatively easily changed to update it to a better one if needed again IIRC from josh's statements on HRI

i'd say save the money but i would also say get a better unit(s) overall but thats JMO on the matter (you know i gotta plug my views!)

*i know your not posting the link for obvious reasons but if you want to send it to me i'd be glad to check it out for you, i already have 1 pair i promise i dont need another set.:lol

esp_gaijin

if it's the lesser ground unit it probably isn't worth $500 for that set, so i'd pass.

i don't know waht the original pedal unit cost, but it just looks lacking to me , i've never used it myself though.

the earlier pedal unit was called the gc i think, and the later pedal the gcp.

to save money check out the carl martin combinator, and i think a newer less expensive unit by carl martin, i posted a link a month ago but forget what it is now....

Post to Thread