What Amp to buy?

Updated
metallist
Basically, I wanted to initially get a triple recto but the price is getting too daunting,the shipping rates mesa offered were fucked, and I would like to get something at least ... new. Anyone have any idea of any other head plus cab you could recomment that is still a fucking high gain beast? I was thinking of the JSX, Vetta II or perhaps the Laney VH100W as there is a dealer here who could get them at a decent price. However if u guys can think of any good head with cab that has a price range of about 1800-2500 dollars, please fill me in with some info. How is the marshall Kerry king signature and the Genz Benz El Diablo, by the way? I would also like to know more about the ENGLs, I heard the Powerball and Blackmoore are fuckig awesome.
JeanPaul du Vinnie

The JSX isn't exactly a high gain beast. I mean, compared to the Triple Rec. It can do metal no doubt, but not at all as fierce as the Recto.

BrazilianBootyLover

I used a jsx and I'm in a death metal band. :)

LordCliffton

Peavey Triple XXX + cabinet = your price range.

the guy said $2500 as his MAX range fellas.. what you suggested would leave only $500 for a cabinet & that is literally unacceptable.

peace

metallist

Thanks for the replies, any ideas on the Vetta or the EL Diablo?

One more thing, the thing is the dealer here, for some screwed up reason sells the following brands;

Laney
Line 6
Peavey

about 25-35 percent cheaper than the rates on sites such as music123 etc.

So if you guys feel that there is something of particular interest in those brands, even if it would be above 2500 dollars in the U.S. but is fucking sweet, let me know. It has to be High Gain though, not exactly looking for a kill em all tone.

the_emptier

Vetta II, Peavey 6505+

i dont like the El Diablo, really bad lead tones

RejecterSR

tried and true 5150

metallist

So How does the 5150+ compare to the JSX, I researched the JSX but not the 5150, is it higher gain, does it have 3 channels with independent EQs etc.?

The JSX is pricier but that doesnt mean better. O well, taughts?

By the way I really dig the Panthera tone, what head did dime use?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Stephy

the Vetta II is delicious.

Post to Thread