Same signal on two amp heads.

Updated
vitod
Hi guys. I now have two Marshall VS100 heads and I'd like to link them on the same signal and control the channel swithing at the same time. I tried the "line out" to the other amps "input", but no go. How do I do this? Use splitters or is there something way better? Thanks
ChainOfThought

Probably because hes digging the tone of the valvestates. And I don't blame him, they got a pretty unique character. Didn't chuck use VS at least for a while?

Do they have midi? I have no idea. If they do, get an aby and some sort of midi switcher. Or if theres a midi switcher with stereo outs, get that. Then you can all sorts of crazy combinations and shit.

What about getting an aby, and splicing a second connector onto the footswitch? Or going pro and modifying the chassis, solder a second cable in internally and just have to cables coming out of the footswitch?

vitod

Probably because hes digging the tone of the valvestates. And I don't blame him, they got a pretty unique character. Didn't chuck use VS at least for a while?

Do they have midi? I have no idea. If they do, get an aby and some sort of midi switcher. Or if theres a midi switcher with stereo outs, get that. Then you can all sorts of crazy combinations and shit.

What about getting an aby, and splicing a second connector onto the footswitch? Or going pro and modifying the chassis, solder a second cable in internally and just have to cables coming out of the footswitch?

Yes, love the tone and no midi.

esp_gaijin

Probably because hes digging the tone of the valvestates.

What about getting an aby, and splicing a second connector onto the footswitch?

yeah and noone here has even suggested that in this thread yet, wow!

oh, except
me
pushead
t-nuts-in-his-mouth
riffmastermike
sixstringhotshot
dliriumtrigger

:p

robbo22

this thread needs more tampons

LordCliffton

right on,, good luck! It's pretty much the same setup I've been toyin around with lately..

5150 head + 5150 cab.. vtm120 + 5150 cab... rocktron taboo artist floor-unit(essentially a Chameleon 2000 to my knowledge :) )

barryswanson

Dude I slave my vs100 head off my mesa mark v and it sounds awesome. To control both amps with one foot switch do the following.

plug guitar into one of the vs100's then run a cable from that amps fx send to the other amps fx return.

Then get a guitar cable and plug it into the slave amps instrument input. Leaving the other end of the cable with nothing on it.

Press the fx input level button in on the slave amp. The only knob that will work on the slave amp will be the fx level knob. This now becomes your slave amps volume.

The power saturation button is the only other thing that will now work on the slave amp.

plug your foot switch into the amp your guitar is plugged into and you will now have two amps running from one foot switch. So one preamp into both power amps.

Pushead

Barry, you're talking to people from 2008.  They probably won't hear you.

Eva W.

Digitees is a top printing company that offers quality printing services, a variety of products, customization options, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service. Whether you're looking to create custom t-shirts for a business or personalized gifts for friends and family, Digitees is a great choice for all your printing needs.

Post to Thread