Pickup installation...

Updated
InVinoVeritasXXX
I just got a SD Invader to put in my Epiphone SG, but unfortunately, I lack the financial wiggle room to pay to install it right now. I have access to a soldering iron and the tiniest shred of experience with soldering and wiring (me and my grandpa wired a lamp one summer), should I attempt to install this bad boy on my own?
Green Machine

i wired a single emg81 with just a volume knob by myself with fairly limited soldering experience and it works perfect, so its doable, really depends on the controls your going to connect to it.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Vol/Vol/Tone/Tone, two humbuckers, three-way toggle.

Green Machine

Vol/Vol/Tone/Tone, two humbuckers, three-way toggle.

Im not going there...

Bridge The Void

Seymour Duncan's website should have a wiring diagram somewhere.

I did my first pickup install a few years ago, with only the knowledge of how a soldering iron works. As long as you're careful, its surprisingly easy - I am now fully confident with the majority of pickup installations that I do...and I think I've modified most of the guitars I've ever owned. It turned into an addiction for me:P

ampartic

I switched out my old stock pickups w/ EMG's, new wiring and everything. It was my first time and it was easier than I thought. Wiring diagrams look more complex than they are, good luck and don't go crazy w/the solder.

Post to Thread