Do you reckon Line6 will do a Pod X3 Pro?

Updated
Bridge The Void
For my rig plan, the XT-Pro fits so much more neatly than a Live version would, but before I shell on the XT Pro I'd be gutted if I went an bought one and then the X3 Pro came out. Anyone know if there are plans for an X3 Pro?
Bridge The Void

Well...I went to my local today and was informed by the manager that Line 6 will not be bringing out a rackmount X3...apparently they're focusing on the "Live" format more.

I don't know who is right...any sources on that, Mike?

Bridge The Void

Damnit, now I have a dillemma on my hands!

There is a cheap XT Pro going at the shop for £200, which I can literally go and get tomorrow. And my rig needs completing ASAP, I don't like waiting.

I hate when this happens.

Since you're a Line6 guru, give us a hint on this. I'm intending on using the XT Pro (or rather, *was* until this new development) for my clean effected sounds: My completed rig will be a Laney Lionheart for dry cleans and Distortion, the Line6 rackmount for effected cleans running into the poweramp of another Laney head. On top of that it'd be a nice unit for direct recording when I can't be bothered to mic up.

Considering my somewhat limited use of its features, would I be happy with the XT? I'm aware of the dual sound thing in the X3, but as I'm running it clean and mono I can't see that I'd lose too much. Obviously I'd get straight onto the FX Junkie model pack too. Anything else that would really make me regret the XT?

Post to Thread