Countdown to New Amp Day

Updated
MikeAmottV2006
I just gave the local dealer a $200 deposit on a brand new Triple Rectifier on saturday before I hit the Killswitch show. Yeah, some of you will remember posts by me about not really liking Mesa's.....but a buddy I just started jamming with regularly has convinced me with his Triple's tone. He actually knows how to dial in a Mesa to sound good. Once my Ebay funds get transfered from paypal over to my bank then i will be throwing another $1300 at it this week. Man those amps are expensive($1799 plus tax)....but I guess they are worth it. Hope to be getting some kick ass tone out of it.
JeanPaul du Vinnie

Try buying a new Triple Rec in Europe... €2500 :x

But congrats! Triple Recs are mean motherfuckers.:hat

ESPimperium

Dual Rec is £1749 here in Glasgow, but the Mesa UK distributer is based in Glasgow so hence the cheap price, a Mesa 4X12 cab is still £949 tho.

MikeAmottV2006

Dropped another $1000 on the Triple Rec. this week. Only $725 left to go!

savageshredder

triple recs are nice and almost perfect for riffing
I do however think that playing lead on it sounds absolutely horrifying!!

MikeAmottV2006

Well that's great! I fancy myself a damn good riffer, if I do say so myself.

savageshredder

so what are you gonna do when you become an excellent lead player?

MikeAmottV2006

so what are you gonna do when you become an excellent lead player?

I've been playing for 17 years now and I never have been, nor ever will be interested in shredding leads. As far as solos hat I can play go, I know a few bits and pieces of some Tallica tunes and some of the stuff that Michael Amott does on Arch Enemy tunes. I'm a pretty craptastic lead player, but I pride myself as a riffer!

Bridge The Void

Ooh, the new amp countdowns...exciting, aren't they?

My Laney Lionheart should be here in a matter of days, expect PLENTY of pics and clips! Through my Mesa cab with the AC+ in front of it, that thing will sound FAT. :D

I can't wait...

savageshredder

than this amp will suit you perfectly
NO remorse BABY!!! :D

Shreddy

Arch Enemy FTW bro,
Chris > Michael

MikeAmottV2006

I actually prefer Michael's solos over Chris'

Post to Thread